91.

It had been a month since Juli had talked to James or Sirius

It had been a month since Juli had talked to James or Sirius. She didn't know what to talk about or how to talk to them.

At least she had started eating. The NEWTs kept the seventh years active all the time. She often saw Sirius approaching but then he would stop in his tracks and turn back around.

So when she had to go to Madam Pomfrey for her monthly check up, it was Lily who was waiting outside.

She walked outside to an anxious Lily who ran up to her. "So...?" She asked.

"No," Juli shook her head happily.

"No?"

"No."

Lily squealed and jumped and threw her arms around Juli excitedly.

"Lils, easy, the baby." She chuckled and Lily pulled back with a sheepish grin.

"Let's go and tell him!!!" She said.

"What, now?" Juli asked.

"Yes."

Juli groaned but they made their way back to the common room, chatting and giggling.

Once they had reached the common room, Juli glanced at Lily once and then made her way to the boys' dorm, knocking twice.

It was opened by Peter who moved aside to let her in.

"Hey," she greeted to the boys who were looking at her anxiously.

"I need to tell you something." She said to Sirius.

The other boys waited for a second before Remus forcibly pulled them out of their dorm.

She mouthed him a thank you and sat down beside Sirius, both of them looking at the floor.

"You know," she started. "We never talked about the baby... and how we are going to raise it... I mean, is there a we at all when it comes to the baby?"

"Oh, Juliette," he sighed. "Of course there is a we. I wouldn't abandon you or the baby. Never."

Juli smiled and moved closer to him.

"I don't blame you, Star." She said, reaching out to hold his hand and resting her head on his shoulder.

"But you should," he laughed dryly. "I did promise to keep you safe. I couldn't. You were right about everything you said that day."

"I was just angry, Sirius. And hurting. I didn't mean it." She couldn't bring herself to say sorry. She didn't mean any of it but it also didn't mean that Sirius should have interrupted her and Reggie's moment. She knew that Sirius knew it, too.

"I don't know what to say..."

"Are you okay with all this?" She asked.

"With what?"

"This. The baby... Will you be okay if the baby comes out looking like... him."

Sirius scoffed. "I will not lie, that would suck. Big time. But that doesn't mean she wouldn't be our baby. I will love her just the same. Maybe even more."

"Her? You think it's a girl?" 

"I know it."

Juli couldn't see him but she knew he smirked.

"Hmm... that means competition... you would love her more than me, then..." 

"I - erm, that is not what I meant... um." He fumbled.

"Sweetheart, I am joking." You should love her more... She laughed. A sound no one had heard in a long time.

"Oh..." He sighed in relief. "Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"Well, kind of..." She replied, looking up at him.

"About our baby looking like that git? I am worried about the things you think about." He laughed. She couldn't help but grin.

"I mean, no. I just wanted to let you know that we do not have to worry about it." She shrugged.

"What do you mean?" He raised his eyebrows.

She only grinned at him until his eyes widened. "Juliette..."

"I went to meet Madam Pomfrey today," she said. "I don't know how she did it or found out but healer magic works in wonderful ways..."

"Oh Merlin.." he sighed and stood up as Juli walked in front of him.

"We - we must have calculated wrong, I don't know but... but, Sirius. We are having a baby."

Sirius' face broke out into a wide grin. He hesitantly opened his arms but she didn't waste a moment before jumping into them and he lifted her up.

"I love you so much." He said, burying his face into her neck.

"I love you, Star." She sighed. "I can't believe this is happening." She giggled.

Sirius put her down and slowly moved towards her, their lips at a short distance.

Juli's heart began to race. "Sirius..." She whispered.

He smiled softly, moving a bit away and just put his arms around her again. 

"You know you will have to tell, James, right?" She said, trying to diffuse the tension.

He groaned but laughed again, making her laugh. She still wasn't happy and completely over what had happened but this was the most okay she had been in a long time. She was back in Sirius' arms.  

Just for a few moments, there was hope again.