CHAPTER - 31 : BESIDE YOU

Heyo! I'm back again with a new chapter! Enjoy reading!

"That *drops his head down and sighs* You're right, I deserve this."

~Back when they were close, the back story when they were in elementary school~(Note: it isn't the event when he broke her trust)

Ji Ae was really sociable and friendly, where Yeong Hyun was cheerful but cold. When Yeong Hyun first came to the class, "Kids, we have a new friend here! Can you let us know your name?"  The teacher said. "My name is Lim Yeong Hyun. Let's be friends!!" He said cheerfully but the kids could see his kiddish ego. The students were giving disappointing reactions.

"Let's welcome him with big smiles and claps!!" The teacher said.

The students clapped and welcomed him, but not in a happy manner. Looking at their reactions, little Yeong Hyun was sad.

"Go take a seat over there~!!" The teacher said and let him go. He settled down in a place, alone, Ji Ae was the one siting in the desk in front of him. "Today, you guys will pair up with your friend and answer the questions that I give to you, together! Will you do it??" The teacher asked. "Yes, Ms.Jang!!" The students answered. "Good! Now pair up with your friends!" The teacher said and started to get the papers ready. Two kids went to Ji Ae. "Ji Ae, pair up with me. I will help you!" One kid said. "Ji Ae, pair up with me! We are friends, aren't we???" Another kid added. Ji Ae was dumbfounded between them. Finding out that nobody wanting to pair up with him, Yeong Hyun felt lonely and sad. The teacher then found out that Yeong Hyun wasn't paired up.

"Kids, who wants to pair up with Yeong Hyun??"  The teacher asked the children. The children didn't give any reply. Looking around the classroom for the students reactions, Ji Ae raised her hand. "I will pair up with him Ms.Jang!" Ji Ae volunteered. Yeong Hyun was happy but his ego was always there. She then looked at the kids who wanted to pair up with her and said, "Im sorry. You two can pair up!" and then went to the seat next to Yeong Hyun. "Hi, My name's Kang Ji Ae, I'll help you whenever you need one." Ji Ae said cheerfully. "I'm not a kid. I don't need help." He said. "What do you mean you're not a kid? We all are in elementary school, so we are definitely kids." She said and looked at Yeong Hyun who had his eyebrows frowning. "I'm sorry if I bothered you. Ji Ae, stop making others angry." Ji Ae said and hit herself in the back of her head slowly. Yeong Hyun burst out laughing seeing her weird habit for the first time. "*awkwardly laughs* Why are you laughing?" Ji Ae asked. "The way you scolded yourself and hit yourself is so funny." He said and laughed. "Oh really..." She said and looked at him laughing. She started laughing too. "You guys seems to be having a good time." The teacher asked. "Yes Ms.Jang." They both answered. "That's good to hear! Here, you can start doing this together!" The teacher handed them the papers and then left tot the other students. When they were going to start filling up the answers. "Will you be my friend?" Yeong Hyun asked. "Of course! That was the reason why I wanted to pair up with you! Let's be beside each other forever, promise?" She held out her hand for the pinky promise. "Sure! Promise!" He said.

~~End of backstory~~

Back to Yu Ah and Ji Ae...

"What happened? You didn't tell me." Yu Ah asked.

"Sigh, Bo Young said I did the right thing, I don't know how you'll react to it." Ji Ae said.

"Fill me in with what happened first." Yu Ah asked.

Ji Ae sighed and said it to her. After she finished telling her:

"*Gasp* He really said that??!" Yu Ah asked. Ji Ae nodded sadly. "That punk!" Yu Ah rolled up her sleeves and turned to go to his class. But Ji Ae grabbed her. "Let me go, I will teach him a good lesson." Yu Ah said. "Forget it." Ji Ae said with a sad smile.