CHAPTER - 61

Hey everyone! I back with the new chapter hehe! I don't have anything to say except we hit 700+ reads! OMGGGG! SO CLOSE TO 1K! I HOPE I REACH IT SOON OMG! huuu..calm down. Anyways! I'll see you guys next week! Bye! Things are getting better I swear. Bye bye! I'll let you guys read now! Byeee!

Previously,

"He just told me the gist of it. Though it doesn't make any sense." She muttered being serious now. The 'aura' that Seong Seop mentioned wasn't actually true. Things weren't clear in between them.

What exactly happened?

"Ji Ae-" Yeong Hyun started but Ji Ae's voice stopped him.

"Do you remember how you slowly drifted away from me? First, you would avoid my eye contact. Second, you used to pretend you didn't see me. Third, when I came to talk to you, you said you had to go somewhere urgently but I found out that you were just going to hang out with your friends." She took a deep breath and continued, "Fourth, I hate to remember it but when you saw me outside once, and someone asked you who I was, and then you replied, 'Ah, someone I know.' I then realised that you didn't want to talk to me. And then finally you disappeared from my eyesight, you went for training, I guess." Yu Ah who was with her when she went all through this could see how hurt she was. Ji Ae acted like it was okay but she clearly wasn't. Who would be okay if their close friend from childhood days stop talking to you abruptly? Ji Ae was overcome with insecurities and no confidence. She decided to not fret about it soon to not make Yu Ah and her dad worry about. Yu Ah squeezed Ji Ae's hand, rubbing circles. Yeon Joon, Ha Sang, Seong Seop were already expecting something like this from her, but this was more that what they thought. Bo Young's eyes softened as she saw her but her eyes turned to Yeong Hyun which were filled with anger. But as soon as she saw Yeong Hyun, her anger filled eyes disappeared. Anybody could see that Yeong Hyun's face showed nothing but regret and guilt, he looked at her with only sorry filled eyes.

She continued, "One day, suddenly, you started to wave at me and smile at me like how strangers try to get new friends, that moment I felt like I was dreaming. But I don't know if you realised but when when you did that, I was scared. I was scared thinking what if you leave me again and we remain as strangers, again. What if I get close to you and you stop talking to me again? What if I was the reason you stopped talking? I kept getting thoughts like these, even worser." She said tears filling her eyes. Throwing her head back to stop the tears falling down, she scoffed and added, "Ah, this brings memories. Why am I crying for this?" The guys looked embarrassed and guilty too.

"Then, now, you've been making efforts to hang out more and catching up and we're again back to how we were before. At least that's what I think. Now, after talking about all this, the reason you told doesn't make sense at all. Not even one percent." Ji Ae switched her gaze from the ground to Yeong Hyun.

"I'm really sorry, Ji Ae." Yeong Hyun apologised.

"What was the reason?" Yu Ah asked, glaring at him.

"He said it's because of his mom."

"Hey, does that make any sense? Why would your mom be-" Yu Ah was interrupted by Yeong Hyun.

"It's the truth. She even wanted me to be someone I didn't want to be and I followed that. How can she not tell me to stop talking to her?" Yeong Hyun confessed.

He continued, "I think you misunderstood that I started to avoid you after hanging out with these guys but that's not true. Do you remember when exactly I stopped talking to you?" Yeong Hyun shot her question. "From last half of eighth grade." Ji Ae answered him.

"We were 14, though most of you knew what you were doing, I was different. I just did whatever mom said. One day..."

Throwback to when that happened.