CHAPTER - 40

Hey guys, I'm back. I'm sorry I couldn't post last week. I'm back now. So, happy reading!

Previously,

She was ready to sleep after taking a shower. She received a call then...

The number was unknown. She was doubtful if it was the same threatening dude again. "Not this again, please..." She said and slid her finger through the answering button.

"Hello..?" She asked.

"Hi! It's me, Eun Hyuk." It was Eun Hyuk on the phone.

"*relievedly sighs* Oh, it's you."

"Why?"

"No it's nothing. How did you get my number?" She asked.

"Oh, I asked my sister."

"Ok..why did you call me though?"

"I wanted to tell you that I got back home."

"You could've just texted me."

"Ummm..anyways, have a good night."

"Yeah, you too, I had fun today. Bye." She hung up the call.

"Sighhh, I got really scared. I should go sleep now."

;-;-;-;-;

The next morning,

She was all ready and was going downstairs. She stopped in front of Kyung Ae's house.

She thought : "Is that guy okay? He should be. It was just a normal fever. But, that doesn't make me forget that he took a selfie when I was cooking AND I thought he was sleeping! I need an explanation-"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh my, That startled me! Who..oh..sunbae."

"Good morning. Did I startle you?"

"Well, I just didn't expect you would be here already. Let's go." She said.

They started leaving.

"You still didn't answer my question." He said.

"Your question? Did you ask something?" She asked confused.

"Wow, you should've been deep in thought then."

"I'm sorry. What did you ask though?"

"What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, that..just."

"Just? I don't think it's a 'just'. You were thinking about it so much."

"Was I? Forget it. Sunbae, do you know any other place where I can work part time?"

"Why? You're quitting this part time?!"

"Uhh..well...it's not like I am going to quit. But I might...?"

"You're confusing me."

"The store isn't so active. There are barely some customers. I don't think the pay will sustain me. You're from a rich family, that's a different thing. But my situation is not like yours." She said and thought: "I can't just work in the same place where I won't get enough pay to just look at the guy I like. I have to get some money to live on my own."

"But..you are the only company I have when I go to the store." He put on a sad face.

She thought: "He looks genuinely....sad."

"I-I don't know if I really would quit. As long as I find a place with a better pay, I won't quit. Can you just notify me if there are any places I can work in? I'll search from my side too, so that it won't be a burden for you."