CHAPTER - 13 : PRECIOUS ONE

"Precious one? What if I'm gonna lose my precious one?" Ji Ae said, tears flowing down like a waterfall. She just kept looking at the flower while crying. Bo Young's and Yu Ah's eyes widened and they were confused. They knew something was wrong and rushed to her. "Why are you like this? What is the problem?" Yu Ah said while holding Ji Ae looking really worried. Bo Young knew that the place they were in wasn't the right place to talk. "Let's talk outside. Let's go." Bo Young said and helped Yu Ah and Ji Ae stand up and went outside the garden. They saw a bench and went, sat there. "Here, have some tissues. Wipe your tears, now tell us what exactly happened to you." Bo Young said. "My dad wasn't feeling well for the past few days.*sob* He kept on coughing and vomiting. Today he finally accepted to go to the hospital. They took all the tests they needed.*sob sob* Now they are telling that he is diagnosed with cancer." She said and cried out. Yu Ah's eyes widened. Bo Young was utterly shocked but still wanted to make Ji Ae confident.

"But it's not sure that you are gonna lose him one day. He is gonna get cured one day and return back home safe." Bo Young said and squeezed Ji Ae's hand. "No...no. He isn't going to get cured." Ji Ae said. "Don't tell like-!!" Yu Ah was interrupted by Ji Ae. "No!! He isn't going to cured because he is in the 4th stage now! There is no way he is going to get cured!" Ji Ae said and broke down to tears even more. Bo Young hugged Ji Ae as soon as she said that. She then pulled back and wiped her tears. She then again started to zone out. Bo Young knew how it felt to lose her precious one. Bo Young thought: "I wish I could tell her 'I know how it feels too. Everything will get better soon.' Well, Yeah everything does get better but sometimes you will feel empty, as if something is not there in you. Sometimes you will feel as if they are there with you, like even right next to you, wherever and whenever. You will start speaking as if they can hear you, but who knows whether they really hear?" She then snapped out to the reality. "It's alright, there are many people who have been cured from the 4th stage too, we will wish for the best to happen. Now don't cry and have some hope and confidence in yourself and your dad. Tables might turn. Now wipe your tears." Bo Young told while patting Ji Ae.

Ji Ae then sat back and straight. "You are right. I will have some hope and confidence. My dad won't leave me. I know him." Ji Ae said and wiped her tears. Bo Young's headache increased all of a sudden. She held her head in pain. "What is wrong?" Yu Ah asked. "No no...nothing." Bo Young said, her voice trembling. Bo Young thought: "Why is this suddenly increasing? It shouldn't be like this, they shouldn't know it too. Let's hide it." She then became normal even though it was paining. "Okay, now...." Yu Ah said while smiling ear to ear even though she didn't want to and looked at Bo Young. "It's.....TIME TO INCREASE YOUR BRIGHTNESS!!" Bo Young and Yu Ah yelled happily. They told this every time when one of them felt down. "Now, shall we go for lunch?" Yu Ah asked. "Yeah totally! I feel so hungry after crying." Ji Ae said and sniffed. Bo Young nodded. They all left to the cafeteria. "What is today's menu?" Yu Ah asked. "I don't remember." Bo Young said. "It's bibimbap* today. And they will be serving fried chicken today too. I'm so excited and hungry." Ji Ae said. "They usually don't give fried chicken on Fridays right?" Bo Young asked. "You didn't know? They give fried chicken in the second Fridays of every months. I know everything about food here." Ji Ae said. She looked like her normal self, for the girls it looked like as if she had forgotten it. "Oh~~ after all its Kang Ji Ae." Yu Ah said. They all laughed. Yu Ah and Bo Young looked at each other and smiled in a relief.

"Oh right. Ji Ae, Yu Ah didn't know that there was a garden in the school." Bo Young said. "Yeah I didn't know it. How do you guys know?" Yu Ah asked. "You didn't know it?" Ji Ae asked Yu Ah. Yu Ah nodded. "This is weird. I thought everyone knew it." Bo Young said. "Actually, there is, a kind of backstory for this garden. So no one knows there is one place like that in our school." Ji Ae said. "What is it?" Yu Ah asked. "The garden actually is place where people in the school, whether it maybe teacher or student, place a flower pot in the garden, somewhere they like, as a memory of something. Whether it maybe a good or a bad memory." Ji Ae explained. "Wooooaaaahhh, I never thought about this. But why don't people know about this?" Bo Young said. "How will they discover a beautiful place like this when all are just trying seek attention from people.  Some even wants to enter just for taking pictures and posting it in their social media accounts. And it's better when they don't know it too. For your info, the garden apparently belongs to Ha sang, and he doesn't allow people enter it." Ji Ae said. "What?! What kind of justice is this? So, people literally have to get permission from him, if they want to place a flower pot. How complicated." Yu Ah said. "I know right. And I don't go to the garden too much too. I have heard some students story of trying to go to the garden. Those make me tired. We might get caught by him." Ji Ae said.