I was made to love you

Standing in the training room, at the magic box. My fangs were barred and full of anger as I hit my punching bag with every hit I released my pent up anger. Buffy and Giles were nearby watching and sitting. I had told them about my little thing last night and all of them were pissed off, I nearly had to stop Rome from coming and kicking his ass luckily Aimee was able to calm him down. It wasn't the fact he said the words it was more of the fact he chained me up and used my one weakness against me and after I had finally decided to give him a chance.

"I can't believe he actually said that." Buffy said. "I mean he really said he loved you this time and you let him...did you say it back?"

"Well, it is very strange. I can't imagine what he's thinking." Giles said, I turned raising an eyebrow. "Uh, not, not that you're not, uh, attractive..."

"Can we not talk about this?" I asked and resumed punching.

"It is kind of obscene." Buffy muttered.

"This is my fault." I muttered throwing another hit. "I let myself get caught up in the idea of being mates you know like what my grandparents and my parents had. I wanted that, that love they had but Spike is nothing like Godric or my dad."

"That's ridiculous." Giles said. "You are not in fault for this, feelings are normal."

"But feelings for Spike?" I asked shaking my head growling and punched the bag very violently, finishing up with a kick. It broke off the chain and fell against the wall.

"Tori I think you should calm down." Buffy told me.

I looked at the mess and frowned.

"Opps...sorry I guess I got carried away." I said quietly and turned to the others.

"Here" Buffy said handing me my water bottle as Giles left the room. "Better?"

"A little." I told her taking a drink. "I just you know I've dreamed of finding my mate since I was little, I thought Oz was meant to be my forever and he left the second he could now he's found someone better than me." 

 I sighed shaking my head.

"Maybe that's your problem?"

"Huh?"

"Your insecurities your scared to trust again, to let someone close to you and let your guard around him." Buffy said making me look at her.

"He betrayed me Buffy." I told her crossing my arms. "He chained me up, with silver chains that still haven't healed... that is one thing I can never forgive."

I looked down at my wrists, the redness had died away but they were still inflamed with pink healing but not fast enough.

"I'm sorry." Buffy said.

-------

The next day we were standing in the living room at home. Nick was wearing a black loose dress shirt that was partly open, over a pair of stressed jeans, spinning around so Mom and I could see it. While Mom and I sat on the sofa watching. Nick had his first date...with Dawn. He was a little annoyed at the attention.

"I might like it more than the others." I told him grinning. "Can you spin around again?"

Nick rolled his eyes but spun around.

"Ooh I'm not sure." Mom told him. "Once more."

Nick did it again smiling at us.

"Now could you go the other way?"

Nick went to do it again but stopped looking at us.

"You're messing with me!"

Mom and I shared a look, smirking and chuckled.