Prom

It's Prom month, the gang and I are sitting at a picnic table, I was sitting beside them, sketching in my book. The others were talking Prom stuff. 

"Anya huh?" Oz asked looking at Xander. "Interesting choice."

"Choice is kind of a broad term for my situation." Xander told us holding his hand up in the shape of a puppet. "See it's either Anya or the sock puppet of love for this boy." Xander started talking in a silly voice. "I love you...Xander I'll never leave you."

"Well if Anya tries to get you killed" Willow told him. "Put me down for a big 'I told you so'."

"Who's this Anya" Xander asked in puppet tone. "Is she prettier than me?"

"She just better not try to cross me." I told him, giving him a heated glare. "That's all I'm saying, I still have a bone to pick with her about the hell nightmare she gave me."

"Well, at least we all have someone to go with now" Buffy said flipping through her magazine. "Some of us are going with demons but I think that's a valid lifestyle choice. More importantly I have the kick dress."

"Ooh the pink one?" Willow asked.

"Angel's gonna lose it." Buffy said nodding "But not his soul. He's gonna lose it, his it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ended up at the library with Buffy, Oz and Xander, Willow was telling us about the shopping she and her mom did.

I had already gone shopping, my friend Lala, Gideon's mate, is really short and kinda reminds me of Aunt Pam but she's an amazing dressmaker, she only works for the supernatural. She has made our costumes for many years. 

"So it was blue and sorta short?" Buffy asked.

"Not too short, medium and it had this weird, sorta fringey stuff on its arms." Willow said.

"You should have asked me, I know a really good dressmaker she does a lot of stuff for the supernatural." I told her taking a drink from my thermos. "And because of you being a witch or witch in training she'll trade you instead of ask for money."

"Maybe I'll take you up on it." Will said.

"What's that" Giles asked walking in. "A demon?"

"A prom dress that Will was thinking of getting." I said looking at him. "Can't you ever get your mind out of the hellmouth?"

"I'd be delighted to." Giles told me. "However the day of the Mayor's Ascension is fast approaching it and we don't know what to expect."

"Thanks Giles, I just went a whole hour without thinking about it." I muttered looking down frowning. 

"Well, what about the pages that Tori stole from the Mayor's book?" Xander said getting up, coming over to us. "Look she put her life on the line there, pal don't tell me they're useless."

I looked at Xander surprised at how he defended my actions.

"Gee thanks Xan didn't realized you cared so much" I said joking.

"Trouble is we don't know which demon, he is going to become" Wesley said entering with Cordelia behind him. 

"There are thousands of species." Giles said.

"Look, I've been looking for this guy since I was six years old" I told them earning different expressions. "I'm not going to stop until he's rotting in hell but I'm not going to go looking for a fight... that's not how I was taught." 

"Either way it's safe to say, we shouldn't be wasting any time of such trifling matters as a school dance." Wesley said firmly.

"Well that's too bad" Cordelia muttered quietly. "Because I bet you look way 007 in a tux."