Primeval

"What exactly are we looking for?" Buffy asked.

We had gone to one of the cemeteries and I started looking around. I still wasn't okay I mean my best friend is still in a coma, if he passed the 46-hour mark without any signs, I just couldn't imagine it. Not Roman. 

I doubt I would be okay until I ripped the heart or wires from this thing's chest. No one attacked my family without getting pay back.

"Something...anything." I muttered, kneeling on the ground, moving some leaves of a bush.

"You're tracking them?" Buffy asked. "I thought you couldn't track by scent?"

"I'm not but a thing made of metal has to leave good footprints." I told her gesturing to the ground where our prints were.

"So, these are Adam's?" She asked walking over to me.

"Nope, they're yours. Whosoever they belonged to, you trampled them just walking over here." I said shaking my head.

"I knew you were good at this stuff but not this good."

"My grandparents taught Roman and I everything we knew about tracking, hunting. My grandma was one of the best trackers in her pack." I muttered standing up noticing a disturbed fresh pile of dirt. "My mama wasn't up to it after losing Daddy, so I spent a lot of time with Godric and Anna. They taught us everything they thought was best."

"I'm sorry." Buffy said quietly, I could hear the mournful in her tone.

"In our world a true death is always unknown, we never know when it'll happen, humans don't know what it's like running from place to place, afraid of others finding out about us even though I'm a slayer it's still one of my greatest fears." I said shrugging turning to her.  "It doesn't matter how strong or fast or whatever you can never outrun the true death...I just hope I won't have to deliver his."

Buffy looked at me with sympathy. I sighed turning away.

"C'mon there's nothing here, we got other cemeteries to check." I told her.

----

In another cemetery, Buffy and I walked around inside a crypt, her with an axe and me totally vamped out. Walking around the other parts, we found a big room we looked around seeing many computers.

"Adam where are you?" Buffy asked.

"We'll find him Buffy." I told her. "I won't stop looking until he's a pile of ash...or whatever he is."

Smelling something, I sniffed the air and turned around, finding Spike and hissed defensively. He put his hands up as Buffy turned to him in surprise.

"Easy Sheriffs." He told us, glancing at the ax Buffy had. "Watch where you point that thing."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Looking for a little weekend getaway place. Shove off." He said starting to walk past us.

"Adams been using these caves." Buffy muttered.

"What?" Spike asked, he stopped walking and turned back to us.

I crossed my arms, studying his posture.

"We found his lair." Buffy said.

"Oh cripes." Spike said sighing. "That's all I need. Runnin' into that goon. I ducked in here last night. Soldier boys were out in force. Lots of activity."

"Yeah well, Adam's cleared out of here." Buffy said. I glanced at her. "Whatever he's planning is about to go down."

"Look at the Nancy Drew twins." Spike said. "What about those disks I nabbed? They ought to tell you something."