The Replacement

So Xander and Anya were starting to get tired of living with Xander's fighting family so they were looking into moving somewhere new.

I had been doing my usual working non stop, wondering if things would ever slow down, I for one could not wait until these four years are over but then will come the fun part, between slayer duty and all of my other duties plus Nicky's training things have just been so hectic. Nick knows most of it like control and feeding, how to drain a human and such but Mom and I agreed to take it slow and let him be as normal as he can be. When I was his age I didn't have a choice, I had to be stronger, Nicky he has it a little easier.  For now I have him studying the journals and learning our family history and learning things from the best teachers in the world. 

Anyway I was mid deep in my medical books when Willow, Buffy and Riley came and dragged me away to check out Xander and Anya's find.

We walked down the hall seeing Xander in a yellow t shirt and Hawaiian shirt and Anya in her sling. 

"if you get the apartment this'll be your hallway." Willow said. "We'll walk down this hall and we'll say 'la la, I'm on my way to Xander's."

"Just warning you Xander, I probably won't be doing that." Buffy told him.

"Really?" I asked joking, smiling. "cause I totally will."

"Hey we're just lookin' " Xander told us, giving me a small smile of appreciation. "Rent's way to high, so don't get your hopes all carbonated."

"But you have references." Anya said.

"No, I have Albert, which I...me... doing an important voice." Xander said attempting to talk differently. "Xander Harris? An excellent tenant. And a very nice-looking fellow'."

Anya opened the door, and we walked into the place. It was large and spacious, and modern.

"Whoa!" Willow exclaimed. "Big!"

"It's nice." Buffy said. "And not subterranean. It's very uh above-terranean."

Xander looked a little less than thrilled. It made me feel for my best friend. I would offer to help but I know Xander, he has never taken money from me and never will and I totally understand.

"I want it" Anya said quickly. "Pay anything."

"Xander Harris?" A voice said

We turned seeing seeing a real estate lady enter and smiled at Riley.

"Uh no Riley Finn." He told her causing me to cover my mouth to stop from snickering as he shook her hand. "This is Xander."

Riley shot me an amused smile of his own.

Xander wiped his hand on his shirt before holding it out.

"Hey." He greeted shaking the manager's hand.

"Ah."

"I brought my friends." He added. "They wouldn't always be around."

"But we're clean and-and quiet." Willow said.

The manager looked a little uncertain.

"We can have the Scooby meetings in the living room" Anya told us standing in the living room, gesturing around. "And- and Giles can explain the boring things over there."

"Oh" Willow said going into the kitchen. "There's a microwave! it would be like having hot and cold running popcorn.."

"There's even room for you to add some drinks Tori." Anya said giving me a friendly smile and a hidden message, I looked at her kind of surprised, before returning the smile. I had stashes almost everything Giles' apartment, the magic shop and other places. They made me feel welcome.