As You Were

(Guest staring Roman De Luca & Kassandra Danvers ^ picture of what the cousins look like together)

"So how are things going?" I asked.

It was late at night I was patrolling giving Buffy time off so she could spend time with her sister and mother. I came across Buffy when she was headed home from work, carrying a small paper bag full of food.

I had to refrain from covering my nose, Buffy's uniform and burgers were really smelly.

"Well mom came home, told her what happened." Buffy told me walking beside me. "There were lotta tears and hugs...and soup, it was very emotional."

"That can happen." I said looking around one of the dark graveyards.

"I just don't know what I'm going to do with that girl." She said frowning.

"Raising teenagers can be tough." I told her earning a nod.

"Yeah? You make it look easy." Buffy retorted making me look at her, she noticed the look on my face. "Sorry I just mean you're raising Nick on your own, you got so much on your plate between slaying, vampire duties, school, medical exams/hospital stuff, real life and your relationship with Spike and you still have time for you're brother.... I don't know how you do it all and I thought having a life and slaying was hard but you, you got it so much more."

We stopped walking and turned facing each other in the middle of some headstones.

"It's never easy Buffy I just do what I have to." I told her crossing my arms. "Nick has moments and he's not always the easiest and he's sometimes more independent than most kids his age cause that's how we were raised but he's still my little brother and therefore it's my job to teach him how to survive in this world." I adjusted my bag. "And we have this thing, something my grandma called leave your baggage at the door."

"What does that mean?" She asked raising her eyebrow in confusion.

"Simple." I told her shrugging. "Anything that happens out here be it slayer or vamp business when I enter my door everything is left outside, sometimes I have no choice but most the time I try not to bring it home."

She sighed nodding, we started walking again.

"Get the double treat, that's the double sweet." Buffy said singing. "Oh, it's hard to beat, when the meat meets-"

"Buffy." I muttered giving her a look.

"Sorry." She said quietly. "Oh, why can't I get this stupid jingle out of my head.?"

A vampire jumped out in front of us, I saw him and hissed.

"Least of your problems now, little girl." The vamp said.

"Little girl?" I repeated glaring.

"Wait." Buffy told us drawing my attention.

I raised an eyebrow watching her turn and put her bag down carefully on a nearby headstone.