Fool For Love

All was quiet in the mist-shrouded graveyard, I took patrol for the hundredth time which I never bothered it gave me time to think and release my pent up aggression.  I had a lot to think about these days. 

My peace was shattered when a vampire dressed like a Van Halen decided he wanted to play.

"You know it's probably none of my business but I just gotta ask..." I told him giving a fang smile, he lunged at me and I back handed it. "You smell this bad when you were alive. Cause if it's a post-mortem thing, then boy is my face red.." I kicked him into a headstone. "I mean seriously no maker in their right mind would take your stench..."

 I flipped him over the headstone and whipped out my dagger. 

"But just so you know, the fast-growing field of personal grooming has come a long way since you became a vampire."

I took a small run, somersaulting over the headstone, dagger raised and ready to strike when the vampire's arm suddenly shot up, grabbing my wrist. He spun me around and I felt pain in my abdomen. I looked down seeing my dagger poking out. My eyes went wide with shock, my entire body filled with pain and my mouth with blood. I quickly spat it out.

Grabbing the hilt of the blade, I pulled it out. Blood soaked my leather jacket. 

For the first time, I was fearful and knew I needed to escape, I got up and ran off, the wound was slowing me down so I couldn't speed, my healing was kicking in but not fast enough. I glanced over my shoulder when the vampire leaped in front of me and I stopped, looking around for a escape.

"Your going?" The Rocker vampire asked. "But you were having so much fun a minute ago!"

I lifted my dagger but the vampire knocked it from my hand and tossed me back against a nearby crypt. Doubling over in pain, I watched the vampire pick up my dagger and approached. I hissed protectively.

As the vampire raised my dagger, he was suddenly tackled to the ground. I could hear the fight and then Buffy's face appeared in my vision.

"Tori! what happened?"

I gave her a wide eyed look, and then everything went black.

-----

Waking up my eyes were met with a bright light, I closed them for a second before opening them back up letting them adjust and looked around. I realized I was in my room, I noticed Buffy sitting next to me and then remembered the fight. I sat up quickly removing the comforter and saw a bandage wrapped around. 

"Hey take it easy." Buffy told me.

"I can't believe I passed out." I muttered sighing and moved my pillows around so I could sit back. Buffy handed me a mug and I took it graciously. "Do you think I'm a total wuss now?"

"Oh yeah." Buffy told me. "Like a girl who can play a few hard sets of tennis with a major stab wound."

"Well at least no major organs got kebabed." I told her shrugging.

"You're healing hasn't kicked in yet" She told me pointedly.

"Some wounds take longer." I said shrugging.

"Good thing Dhampir healing and Slayer healing are part of your package....tell me about the bad guy- or guys...what do you think they were?" She added.

"Vampire." I said sipping on the blood..

"How many?"

"One." I told her feeling pathetic.

Buffy looked at me in surprise.

"So...what? He was like a super-vampire or something?"

"No, he was the regular kind." I told her. "He just beat me...he was faster."