Ted*

Buffy's street at night, Willow, Xander and I were walking ahead of Buffy on our way to her house. Roman was in Alaska, with prince Calum, Rome escorted him with a couple other vampire guards, so he missed our movie night.

"You don't know what you're talking about" Xander told us.

"Xander, he was obviously in charge." Willow said.

"He was a puppet!" Xander exclaimed. "She was using him!"

"He didn't seem like the type of guy who would let himself be used." I told them crossing my arms.

"Well that was her genius." Xander retorted. "He didn't even know he was playing second fiddle." He turned behind him. "Buffy."

"Huh?" 

"Who has the real power?" Xander asked. "The Captain or Tennielle?"

"Ummm...." Buffy trailed off. "Who are these people?"

"The Captain and Tennielle?" Xander asked. "Boy, somebody was raised in a culture-free environment."

"I'm sorry, I was just..."

"Thinking?" I asked guessing.

"No, not thinking having a lot of happy non-thoughts I love it when things are quiet around here." Buffy told us.

"Yeah now that Tori's scared Spike and Drusilla out of the way, we've really been ridin' the mellow" Xander said before pausing.  "And I am really jinxing the hell out of us by saying that."

"Yeah, but we'll let you off this time." I told him.

We turned down the walk to Buffy's house.

"So we're pretty sure that there's not more Tarakan assassins coming our way?" Willow asked. 

"Angel and I talked to his sources together." I told them. "They said the contacts off."

"How is Angel?" Xander asked. "Pretend I care." 

I glared elbowing him.

"Getting better thanks again for getting us the blood Tori." Buffy said smiling at us.

"Of course, Angel's my brother, I'd do anything to help him." I said smiling at her, before smirking mischievously. "And you're loving playing nursemaid?" I thought about what I said and wrinkled my nose. "Never mind don't answer that."

She grinned at me. 

"Oh yeah!"

"So, is it better than playing naughty stewardess?" Xander asked. 

"Xander..."

He chuckled as we climbed the steps to the porch, Buffy got out her key and reached up to put it in the lock, that's when I heard movement inside and stopped Buffy from going in, noticing the door was unlocked. She looked at me. 

"What's up Tori?"

"There's people inside, lilacs is your mom's scent but there's another in there that doesn't have one." I told her taking a small sniff of the air. "Judging from the footsteps they're pretty heavy."

"Man, I love having you around you're like a personal guard dog." Xander said.

"I'm not a dog Xander" I said rolling my eyes.

"You guys wait here a second, Tori back me up." Buffy told me slowly walking in and looked around, quietly I followed behind her. After a few seconds we heard a glass fall and break and Buffy's mother cry out. 

"No!"

 Buffy and I rushed through the dining room to the kitchen door and pushed it open. 

"Mom!"