Real Me

"There is nothing but you." 

Buffy and I were side by side, I was in my black halter top and team Klaus yoga pants leaning over a short pedestal as our eyes closed. I could feel Giles walking around us, and quiet...meditative music.

"You are center. and within you, there is a core of your being...of what you are, find it...breathe into it...focus inward. Let the world falls...fall away...fall away."

Both pedestals were about two feet high and four inches, there was a table with filled with crystals. A large flat crystal with three smaller crystals standing on end atop it.

I opened my eyes, leaning forward and pulled myself into a graceful handstand, balancing my hands on the pedestal. Next to me I could sense Buffy copying my movements. I removed one hand from the stand until I was balancing on one hand. Giles continued walking around us nothing but the music playing.

While I'm not one for this kind of music I had to admit I felt relaxed and very peaceful. I felt my power.

Suddenly Buffy and I both lost our concentration my eyes opened and fell to the floor. I growled in pain. Giles started towards us to see if we were harmed. I gave him a reassurance smile before looking at Buffy.

We looked in a different direction finding my brother Nikolai and Buffy's sister Dawn. Nick stared at Dawn in shock. 

"Can we go now?" Dawn asked looking annoyed.

Buffy and I shared a look, sighing, Buffy glared at Dawn.

--------

Later that morning I was scrounging in the fridge, I found a plastic container that was sent to us from Kassie. She was preparing for her baby. 

Anyway, I lifted the lid and sniffed the blood smiling in content, putting it on the counter and headed to grab a glass. Mom poured a little into her coffee cup while Nick entered opening the fridge, to grab a bag of jerky strips.

I gave a smile, filling our mugs with our breakfast and then put the rest of it back in the fridge while Nick heated it up in the microwave.

Before long the three of us were sitting at the table enjoying our warmed goodness and just enjoying each other's company.

"So Vi, what are your plans today?" Mom asked.

"Buffy, Giles and I were gonna go to the magic shop for supplies for our training sessions." I told her taking a sip.

"That sounds great."

"Yeah, I guess" I said glancing up at her. "Did you need me to do something?"

"Well, you could take Nick shopping for back-to-school supplies" Mom said causing Nick and I to glance at each other.

" I thought you were taking me?" Nick asked

"I know sweetheart, but I have a lot of work to catch up on at the hospital." Mom told us. "I'm sure Mr. Giles doesn't mind dropping you two off at the Mall."

I looked between her and Nick.

"Okay Mama." I told her sighing. "I'll take him after we're done."

I gave Nick a look.

"No worries, Mama" Nick told her, he wrapped his arm around mine. "I like hanging with Vi."

Mom gave both of us that motherly smile when her kids get along. Most kids, siblings would hate spending time together and believe me we have our moments, but Nick and I are as close as we can be.

"Okay well Giles and Buffy will be here to pick us up soon." I said standing up to wash my cup out. "We should get ready."

Nick nodded, copying my actions and headed upstairs to his room.