The Harsh Light of Day

At the bronze, I was up on the stage with Oz and Devon, singing my new song, dancing along to it. Unfortunately it would be my last time on stage, between my classes, volunteering at the hospital and other things I've been swamped. This chapter in my life was closing so that new ones could open, I was a little sad though we've been together since forever. 

When we were done, I smiled at everyone applauding and left the stage heading over to Buffy, Alexis and Willow sitting at a table. I was glad that the girls were taking kindly to my distant cousin being part of the gang. 

"Hey, you guys ready to load up and go?" I asked grabbing my bag from Will.

"Almost, Buffy's looking at Parker." Willow told me. "Who it turns out has a reflection, so big plus there. Buffy's having lusty wrong feelings."

I sat down and looked over at Buffy as Oz came to stand beside me.

"No I'm not." Buffy told her defensively. 

"no, you're not."

"Oh I so am."

"They're not wrong feelings ya know Buff." I told her honestly. "cause your free, you're both grown up and ready."

"You are free right?" Willow asked

"Hi"  A voice said we looked over seeing Parker, putting a hand on Buffy's shoulder before she could say anything to us.

"Hi" Buffy greeted.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm headed out. And it's not real safe here, so if you want to walk back to your dorm." Parker told her.

"How silly of me not to have planned ahead." Buffy said.

Willow and I shared a smile as Buffy grabbed her jacket and stood standing up.

"Bye."

"See you guys."

Buffy and Parker turned leaving us at the table, Buffy looked back to us and smiled. We nodded giving her a thumbs up.

"I think I'll go too." Willow said starting to stand up. "I have a paper due."

"Me too, I'm getting a bit hungry." Alexis added standing up with her. "Coming Tori?"

"You go ahead, Imma help the guys" I told her they smiled and turned leaving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was like the best set ever." Devon told us we were outside in the back alley of the Bronze, loading up Oz's van. "We'll do great in L.A, we're gonna have them glued to their seats."

"Uh Devon you know they're supposed to dance right?" I asked glancing at him.

"Well we can glue them to the dance floor" Oz joked making Devon and I grin. 

"I didn't mean with real glue Tori" Devon said looking me over. "You sure you don't want to stick together? I mean you are the lead singer."

"Things are a little crazy right now maybe once my classes and stuff slow down." I told him smiling. "But the songbook you guys can keep, it belongs to the band anyway."

He nodded.

I laughed at them, they walked back into the Bronze while I stayed out at the van moving things, putting them in order so we could get more stuff in, I slid a case into the back.

"Vicky, hi"

I turned finding Harmony noticing the change in her appearance.

"Harmony, hey. I haven't seen you since-" I muttered looking her up and down.