Intervention

So Nick and I had finally returned to Sunnydale after taking Mom up to the makeshift graves. Everyone was there Beth, Felix, their 'son' Tyson. Molly, Fiona and her mate Sylvia who had joined our forever family as a vampire. Roman and Aimee, and Kassie. My Great Aunt Carissa came too and her family. All of the family friends like my close friends Mia Hale, Athena Lovelace and even Dr. Cullen and his family were there. 

We stayed in Louisiana for three months, it was a big event. 

Vampire funerals were different, we didn't have them because vampires turned to dust like my father and grandfather but my mother and grandmother weren't vampires so they didn't poof like them. So we came up with a special deal.... To bury mates together so we can honor our love. 

In Louisiana there was family crypt, different from the others. It had stairs that went deep underground to a big open space... our family plots. 

Six feet apart heavy stones were placed... My grandmother was buried in the ground with a necklace of Godric's ashes around her neck. Our whole family was here Freya and Thomas and Tabitha and Gabriel they were buried in the same tomb... but my mother and father were buried similar to my grandparents with dad's ashes around her neck. It's how she wanted it to be. 

-----

Nick and I came home a few weeks ago, we kind of stayed away from the gang for a while but tonight Giles wanted to cook us dinner so we sat and had dinner with him. I was washing the dishes while Nicky was sitting at the counter. Giles came over with a towel.

"Giles you don't have to help." I told him. "You cooked, which I thank you for." 

"Oh, come on, I quite like to cook." He told me wiping a dish. "Helping you two out makes me feel useful."

"Wanna clean out the garage on Saturday?" Nick asked jokingly "You can feel indispensable."

"Hmm. How tempting."

"Nicky if there are any plates or bottles in your room, let's have them before they get furry and we have to name them." I told him giving him a look.

"Hey I was like five then." He said shrugging and headed up stairs.

"How's he doing?" Giles asked hearing Nick's door close. "And you?"

"I'm okay." I told him honestly. "Well, some minutes are harder than others, it's not the first time death has entered my family."

"I'm so sorry. All I can say is i-it will get better."

"I know." I said grabbing a towel and dried my hands off. "We're holding up though you know getting back into a routine."

"Good, routines good. In fact I was thinking that we might ... return to our training schedule."

I paused biting my lip, I saw a bunch of flowers sitting on the counter and grabbed them, putting them in a vase. It had no note but I had a feeling of who left them here, he was trying. He's been leaving flowers and little gifts since I got home. It was kind of a nice feeling. 

"I don't know...I um was thinking about maybe taking a break or something, let Buffy handle it for a while." I told him quietly putting down the towel and walked into the living room. Giles followed. "Just ease off for a while."

"But you were doing so well."

"And you and Buffy have been great." I told him. "Helping me with everything, I'm just starting to feel....uneasy about stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Training. slaying. vampire stuff...all of it." I muttered sighing, sitting on the couch. "I mean I can beat up the demons and the vamps until the cows come home. And then I can beat up the cows...but I'm not sure what it's doing to me...."