Goodbye Iowa

Sitting at Giles' place I sat on the bottom of the stairs drinking from a tru blood earning stares from Spike, he had came with us when Buffy showed up at my dorm and was sitting beside me. Buffy was telling us everything that happened.

"So Maggie sends me down into the sewers with one of those blast-o guns." Buffy told us frowning. "And the next thing I know it's raining monsters."

"Hallelujah" Xander said.

"And then this gate slams down behind me and I-I try to use my gun but it goes pfft."

"So Walsh set you up?" I asked

"That's exactly what I'm saying" Buffy said. "She sent me on a one way recon....you were so right about them Tori, I should have listened, I didn't think."

I bit my lip not saying anything. 

"Got to hand it to you Goldilocks" Spike said gaining our attention. "You do have bleeding tragic taste in men. I've got a cousin married to a regurgitating frovilops demon that's got better instincts than you"

"What does my taste in men have to do with this?" Buffy asked glaring at him.

"You think Riley was out knitting booties for your future offspring while Maggie stringing you up?"

We all went silent, I stared at Spike watching his emotions take place I've never realized how in control he is when he's not 'trying' to kill us. 

"You guys think Riley had something to do with this..." Buffy asked. 

No one answered making Buffy look over at me seeing the look on my face.

"Tori? You think that?"

I looked back at her finding them all looking at me.

"Probably not" I said shrugging. "But we should be prepared for all possibilities."

"Oh that's nice when it was Angel your all over defending him." Buffy said giving me a look.

"Angel is different." I told her giving her a stern glare. "He isn't part of an anti-vampire group, If he was here you know he'd be on my side. I wouldn't have to fear for my life, or my family, thinking that we're going to walk into a trap and end up dead like Zandra did..." 

Willow looked at me in shock.

"Zandra... died?" 

I sighed nodded. 

"We got the news a few days ago from her clan." I said quietly frowning turning back to Buffy. "Buffy have you ever given thought to what would happen if all of them knew that I was a Dhampir? They wouldn't care rather I was good or not, they'd kill me in a heartbeat and what about my mother? We might be half vampire and have fast healing but that doesn't mean we're invincible." 

They gave me sympathetic expressions; I felt a hand on my shoulder and glanced through the corner of my eye at Spike. 

"I'm sorry." I added sighing, calming down. "But if Riley was working with her, it's possible he knew, why else would he be so calm about my secret." 

"No!" Buffy exclaimed. "No, Maggie made sure that he was nowhere around when she sent me on this very special make Buffy dead assignment."

"Plus Riley seemed like he wouldn't tell a little white lie let alone a whole bunch of dirty ones." Willow said.

"That's why they call it the secret forces Will" Xander said. "Cause they kinda keep the whole lying thing to themselves."

"All I know is that Maggie has it in for me which means the Initiative has it in for me." Buffy said.