Dracula

Lying in bed, at home it had been a few months since I saw Lilith. I can't say it hasn't shaken me a little, I mean she is considered the first vampire in history as well as the one who would appear when a vampire was about to meet their true death. 

I heard stories of it but never thought it would happen. It's been exhausting trying to pretend it didn't worry me for Mom's sake, I haven't told her about it or that crazy dream of me and Spike. 

Roman was fully healed, he headed back to his area. It was a little hard for me to let go of him, but I knew he wasn't that far; he's been working under the sheriff and Queen Helena of White Chapel and going to school for his PH.D he wants to do the science stuff. Which I think is pretty cool. 

He's made a decent life in Canada and from what I hear, he has met a local hybrid, Aimee. We haven't met her yet, but she doesn't sound all that bad. 

Kassie learned she was pregnant, so she and Jeremy have been preparing for it. They already have a son Clay they adopted but he's about twelve, but she enjoys being a mom.  Sometimes we cousins try to meet up and just talk and reconnect. 

I've been so busy with the slaying, my classes and everything with the Vampire League, now that that lab is gone, we've been trying to get back to normal but for an old community like mine it's hard.  I haven't gotten to hunt in two months because I've been working on restocking the others and making sure our butcher guy was fixed. 

Anyway, I sighed rolling over on my side for the hundredth time this night, my balcony doors were open letting in my favorite nighttime air, but for some reason I couldn't sleep. I felt restless. Sitting up I glanced around my old room seeing nothing but darkness, Mama wasn't home as usual. 

Making a decision, I climbed out of bed and headed out to my balcony jumping over the edge and landing on my feet.

Fangs bared, I ran after a vampire bounding onto a headstone and took a flying leap off it onto the creature. We play struggled for a while before I managed to straddle him and then slammed my hand into his ribcage, crushing his unbeating heart. He turned to dust instantly.

Smirking, I rose from the kill and smiled at my work before speeding back home, climbing back up the side of the house and back into my room, to my bed.

I yawned feeling relaxed and closed my eyes.

--------------

The next day, I found myself huddled under a beach umbrella, hanging out at the beach with the gang. No judging I loved the beach, I actually had a love for rock jumping which was something my grandma got me into, I just never liked the bright sun most of the time we did it at night. We healed quickly and the cold never bothered us so. We used to do it as a family even my parents and grandpa joined us, it was fun.

 I was well relaxed reading the Primrose Path by Bram Stoker ironically he was one of my favorite authors my grandparents actually got to meet him.

Dracula was one of the popular vampires in the community ever to have a book written about him, yes he was real, he and Godric knew each other. They weren't friends but they weren't enemies. Not everyone supported our ideas of equality. Dracula was one of them. From what I know he was a strange vampire who refused the new world as we called it. 

Anyway it felt like so long since I felt this relaxed. We were watching Riley and Buffy playing their game of football.  Xander was attempting to start the barbecue while Willow and Tara sat together sharing a blanket and Anya was sitting beside me, looking over my shoulder. 

"I'm exhausted just looking at those two. The splashing and the jumping and the running... Shouldn't relaxing involve less exertion?" Xander asked gesturing to Buffy and Riley.