First Date

Standing in a cemetery with Buffy, Kennedy, Amanda, Lyla and two new slayers, Giles was with us, telling us a story of his trip. There were two new girls with us, Chao-Ahn and Laura Young, both came from China, the difference was Laura was a Dhampir serving as a hunter for the vampire emperor of China. It was surprising me how many have stepped out of the shadows, so far there were three girls, a little sad but it was amazing. Aside from my family and an old family friend of Anna's I never really knew if there were others like me. 

"It was, uh, extraordinary good luck, of course. And - and, uh, training - years of training. Chao-Ahn, keep up. You're new here, Chao-Ahn, so take note. Remember about training?" Giles asked looking at the new girls "But I honestly feel the largest part of it was instinct. Instinct and-and reflexes. There's a sort of wary watchfulness I've developed over the years. It's like another sense - "

Out of nowhere someone cut Giles off by knocking him to the ground. I saw it was Spike, I frowned.

"Spike!"

"Hey!" Giles and Spike exclaimed at the same time. 

"You're not in pain." Giles said noticing making me bit my lip, Spike tilted his head down at him.

"You're not the First." Spike muttered. 

Giles looked at him weirdly.

"Anya said you were the First." Spike told him shrugging. "Said you were evil. You're supposed to be all go through able." 

He stood up and came to my side, any other time I would have laughed or grinned at this, but I just couldn't.

"Then what the hell did you tackle me for?" Giles asked standing up. "What's that supposed to do?"

"I, uh..." Spike trailed off. "I didn't think of that."

"More importantly you just hit me." Giles said pointing it out. "Why didn't your chip go off?"

Buffy and I shared a look, while Spike looked down at his feet.

"Yeah, well..." Spike muttered; I grabbed his hand. He glanced up at me slightly, I gave him a gentle look. He understood what I was saying and weaved his fingers through mine, squeezing my hand in the process.

"Well, uh when we were at the Initiative...."Buffy trailed off looking over at Spike and I. 

"There was a choice." I told Giles firmly, turning more in his direction. "Either repair the chip or...to remove it." 

"You had it remo-" Giles said stuttering. "You removed the chip?"

"I had a choice to make Giles and I made it." I told him giving him a look glancing at Buffy. "Actually Buffy made it...which I'm thankful for..." I gave Buffy a gentle look of appreciation.  I felt waterworks in my eyes remembering how he collapsed. 

Giles saw the tears, he stared at me in shock for a second before realizing it was a serious thing and gave me a softer look.

Spike noticed too and kissed my cheek, wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzled my neck to calm me down. I looked at him seeing the gentle look on his face but all I could do was frown and cry silently. I was still very emotional about it. 

"And you're doing okay without it?" He asked looking at Spike. 

Spike nodded.

"It really is okay Giles." Buffy told him laying her hand on my forearm. "Everyone is supporting this." 

"What's a chip?" Amanda asked making me remember they were there. 

"They removed the chip?" Kennedy and Lyla asked at the same time.