Triangle

Buffy, Giles and I were in the back room training Buffy vs Giles and me vs my punching bag/dummy. Buffy wasn't in time for stopping Riley, and well Riley left while I repeat for the hundredth time I didn't like the guy but he was important to Buffy so I tolerated it we were becoming more mutual until he showed up at my house with those people...and the whole blood den thing.

Anyway I was punching the bag it was better for me to hurt this thing than Buffy or Giles. Buffy is strong but not my strong when I feel that extra pulse of energy I kinda get a bit rough....it's part of my nature.

Giles had on a pair of padded mitts, and Buffy was hitting them in sequences.

"All right...Switch...left lead."

Buffy continued hitting.

"So you really think they might be able to help us?" Buffy asked.

"Uh, if you mean are they gonna help us find out something about Glory ... I saw that coming. You're dropping your shoulder." Giles said, Buffy looked at him in shock before hitting him again. "Uh, the resources that the ... Watchers Council has at their disposal, I mean the Central Library alone is just..."

"Don't talk about the books again." Buffy told him sternly, stopping. "You get all ... and sometimes there's drool."

"Yeah and I don't know if I can trust things written by humans." I told him as Buffy kept hitting. "My grandparents were actually around for over 2,000 years which means their journals are much more accurate."

"I'm sorry you said you read every inch of those and found nothing on Glory meaning your grandparents have never encountered this woman." Giles said making me give him a look. "We've really exhausted the materials I have here. and we're coming up empty. You're, you're still dropping your shoulder. I can see when you're gonna go with your right. You're doing it again!"

Buffy hit him sharply in the upper arm causing him to stumble aside. I stopped and turned over to them in concern.

"OW!"

"Sorry!" Buffy exclaimed. "Sorry."

"Soo Glory's all your gonna talk to them about right?" I asked wearily.

"Let's, let's take a break." He said nodding, rubbing his shoulder and turned away.

"Answer me." I demanded.

"I, I'm not gonna mention Nikolai's name. I wouldn't do that, I promise." He told me moving away.

"But your gonna tell them about the key?" I asked crossing my arms. "That Glory's looking for something called the key?"

"Well, knowing her goal is, is crucial." Giles said removing the mitts. "I mean, i-i-if anything helps them uncover her origins, her, her plans..."

"I know. It's just I trust these Watchers about as far as ... you could throw them." I muttered watching him pour himself a glass of water. I picked up my water bottle taking a sip.

"Thank you very much."

"I'm just freaked about the idea of giving them any information that could possibly lead them to Nick." I told them sitting on the bench. Buffy came over and sat with us. "I mean Nicky wasn't born human to begin with, but this whole thing just takes the cake...and we all know how they treat the supernatural world...what if they turn on us.?"

"Truly, Tori, if I saw an alternative ... if, if the Initiative were still around, I'd consider using them, but... they're gone, and then Riley was, was, uh, the last link we had to the government."

I looked over at Buffy, seeing her looking down sad and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." Giles tried.