The Initiative

Sitting in class with Willow and Buffy. I was fighting with my pen and the stupid pen ink ended up all over my hand.

"Stupid pen" I muttered angrily.

"Ballpoints can be tricky" Willow told me.

"I'll see you all tomorrow" Prof Walsh told us. 

We collected our things and started to walk out, Willow came up to my side while Buffy was on the other.

"Did you notice they didn't call Oz for roll call today?" Willow asked staring at me, I sighed glancing at her.

"Why would they? He's gone Will, remember?." I told her with some anger in my tone. "He's not coming back."

"But maybe-"

"Nope there's no maybe, look I know your worried about me" I said glancing between her and Buffy. "But I can't lock myself up in my room and cry about how much Oz hurt me that's not who I am."

The girls stopped talking at that point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laying on my bed in the room, I sighed listening to my Nickelback CD and just cuddled on my bed idly playing with my necklace, singing along with someday quietly. The words spoke to me. 

Oz just left me like that while I understand his reasons it still pissed me off after everything I've been dealing with and he knows what people leaving does to me he still up and took off all and after I had defended our relationship to my own mother, even knowing he wasn't my mate and it would end I wanted him.

I sighed standing up to go grab a tru blood from the fridge when a knock came at the door, I sniffed the air catching the scent of something strange. I opened it and saw Riley standing there, my head tilted in confusion before I shook it off.

"Hi Riley" I greeted faking a smile.

"Hi" He said looking around. "Gee I hope I'm not interrupting anything really depressing."

"What's up?" I asked impatiently.

"Right to the point" Riley said sounding nervous. "OK, I was thinking of asking out Buffy."

"Wrong dorm....in fact it's the wrong building."

"I know." Riley said. "See, I don't know that much about Buffy. But I'm interested in what she likes, and so far, well, the only thing that I know she likes is you and Willow."

"Riley I'm really not the best person to be talking to about this right now." I told him.

"I just want to know something anything. Just something that will start us talking you know?" Riley said sitting down in my chair. "I'm thinking that 'how bout them broncos' won't really cut it."

"OK, say that I help, and you start a conversation. It goes great. You like Buffy, she likes you. You spend time together, feelings grow deeper, and one day, without even realizing it, you find you're in love. Time stops, And it feels like the whole world's made for you two, and you two alone, until the day one of you leaves and rips the still-beating heart from the other, who's now a broken, hollow, mockery of the human condition."

"Yep that's the plan." Riley said.

I glared at him.

"Oh. Look, if you want to tell me to go to hell, that's ok. Maybe this is the last thing you want to talk about. I just feel that, well, I've never courted anyone like Buffy before. I don't think I've ever met anyone like Buffy before" Riley told me.