Homecoming

Buffy, Willow, Roman,  Oz and I were sitting at the bar at the bronze, we had no gig just friendly hanging out with our friends nursing sodas and chewing on snacks.

Buffy seemed preoccupied as she idly played with a cookie, I didn't have to guess what she was thinking. She told me about Angel coming back, I almost didn't believe it until I saw him. Of course I promised to keep this a secret. Roman knows but he's pretty good at keeping quiet. We would never do anything to harm someone we grew up with. I was actually happy he was brought back however it happened, I don't know. It took me hours to stop crying. I thought I was dreaming. Roman, Mom and I have banded together giving him fresh blood when we can. 

"I think we should get a limo." Cordelia said when she and Xander took their place at the end of the bar. 

"A limo?" Xander repeated. 

"Yeah!"

"A big, expensive limo?" Xander said.

"That does sounds like fun" I said causing Cordy to smile at me. "It's our last homecoming dance, so we should make a big deal of it"

"You wanna talk fun? Public bus, you meet the funniest people." Xander said.

"Back me up here, Oz"

I glanced at my boyfriend raising an eyebrow, he noticed my expression.

 "Well if it's a dollar issue, we could all take my van." Oz told him.

"Van?" Cordelia said scoffing. "The homecoming Queen doesn't go to the dance in a van, use your head."

 "Well, technically, you haven't been elected yet." I told her prickly rolling my eyes, Cordelia gave me a look and I returned it.

"Although you certainly and without a doubt will be.." Xander said trying to make his girlfriend happy.  "Who else likes a limo?"

"A private limo!" Willow murmured smiling and wiggled into Roman's arms. "It is pretty...cuddlesome." 

Roman laughed at her quietly, kissing her cheek. 

"And if we split the cost, I can put in the extra bit" I added.

 "Um...maybe you know" Buffy said quietly.  "if I go and all."

"Why wouldn't you go? you already have your tickets" Willow asked. "I mean unless you don't have a da..." I noticed Scott standing behind her and nudged Will pointing him out.  "A day or two to think about it. We should all think about it."

We shared a look hoping, we didn't mess it up for Buffy. 

"What's going on here?" Cordelia asked confused. "Did Scott not ask her to the homecoming dance yet?"

"Thanks Cordelia." Buffy told her embarrassed. "Humiliation's really good for my color."

"Oh um...well no" Scott said looking unsure. "I just...I assumed that you would think it was corny or something, but I-I'm in...I mean, you know if you are, if you want to."

Buffy glanced at me and I gave her an encouraging smile. 

"Uh...sure I do." Buffy told him. "You know i-if you want to."

"The judges will accept that as a yes" Oz said smiling.

"Do you want me to get you another drink?"

"Um...no actually. Uh I-i'm a little tired, I think I'm gonna call it a night. But I'm excited about the dance." Buffy told him smiling. 

"Me too" 

Buffy leaned towards him, tugging gently on his jacket and kissed him sweetly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------