Double Meat Palace

The gang and I were hanging out at Buffy's house, waiting for Buffy to finish getting dressed.  I sat on the couch next to Anya and Will was sitting in a chair opposite of the couch. 

Xander came out of the kitchen, carrying a bowl of popcorn and a warmed-up mug and small package of Oreos. 

"Now I get Warren being the supervillainy type." Xander said handing me the mug and cookies before sitting on the other side of Anya. I smiled at him. "But I thought Jonathan completely learned that lesson, I never even heard of this other guy." He sat the popcorn on the coffee table, glancing at me. "How the heck do you know this guy and we don't?"

"Tori knows everyone." Willow told him earning a pointed nod.

"I only knew him through his brother." I told them taking a quick sip of my blood and opened my cookies. "Andrew was always a strange kid, even when he was younger. Tucker never really wanted him around, he was embarrassed to be seen with him so he sorta refused to acknowledge they were related." 

They nodded. 

"You should have seen their headquarters." Willow told him. "It was like the nerd natural habitat." 

"Well, if we know where they are, shouldn't we do something?" Anya asked.

"We tried." I told her pulling apart my cookies and licked the cream off. "Buffy and I were going to go in there and bust them on the spot, I wouldn't be able to touch them, but I could still do something, like hold them off while Buffy does the beating." 

"I'm sensing a 'not so completely."

"Yeah, well we went in and then-" I said dunking my cookies in my blood and ate it. Don't judge me, I'm a vampire and I love my blood to be as sweet and sugary as I can get it. 

"Speaking of Buffy, isn't she ready?" Anya said cutting me off, I glared at her lightly. "She's gonna be late for her first day." 

"Hey, respect the narrative flow much?" Willow asked staring at Anya, who looked at her and then at me, before smiling. 

"Please continue the story of failure."

I rolled my eyes, clearing my throat and went back to talking and eating. 

"So, we went in, but they'd cleared out." I told them. "And we brought the stuff back that they left, here."

"Spell books, some parchments." Willow said taking over, I looked over at her seeing her smile. "a couple of rare things, charmed objects and a conjurers harp." She trailed off, looking wistful. 

Xander and I shared a concern look before looking at our best friend. 

"A-and they had other stuff you know." Willow said snapping out of it. "You know razor scooters and pictures of the Vulcan woman on 'Enterprise."

"Ohh!" Xander exclaimed chuckling and rubbed his hands together, Anya looked at him causing him to glance at her. "I mean...nerds."

"Okay." Anya said. "See, this is why demons are better than people." 

"Agreed." I said earning looks from Xander and Willow. "If they were demons I wouldn't be sitting on the bench."

Anya nodded pointedly. 

"Interesting turn." Willow muttered. 

"When I was a vengeance demon, I caused pain and mayhem certainly. But I put in a full days work doing it, and I got compensated appropriately." Anya said making me nod. 

"Welcome to today's episode of 'Go money go!' I hear it daily." Xander said making me frown looking at him. 

"Yep for the rest of your life." Willow said making Xander look dismayed, I noticed and stared at him sensing his emotions.