Touched

Still at the monastery, it was day time so we had to stay put until it was dark out so that my mate didn't go poof.

We were in a bare room, with a few tapestries on the wall and a thin band of sunlight streaming in from a high window.

Spike was slumped against the wall, bored, watching me pace back and forth.

While I was on the phone with Roman, he was filling me in on things that happened while I was gone, and I was livid.

"What do you mean they all turned on Buffy?" I mumbled running a hand through my hair in anger.

"Exactly what I said, Faith took them out, there was a fight between Faith and a few cops, Buffy showed up punched Faith and then a huge blow up at the house....

"Rome...is Faith..."I asked sighing rubbing my face. "Did...Did she kill anyone?

"Not that I know of, but they all think Buffy was being reckless."

"Well, they're not wrong, she is being reckless." I told him honestly. "I'm pissed at how she's acting too but this is Buffy we're talking about; you know how she gets."

"Which is why you need to get your ass home, Kassie, Nick and I can only do so much."

"I know, we should be back on the road when it starts to get darker." I told him nodding before realizing he couldn't see me. "Just do me a favor and keep an eye on Faith, I promised Angel I would hold my tongue, but if she's killing again.... I won't have a choice" I paused sighing and shook my head. "I remember the last time a human died cause of her, I was on the Magisters watch list for three years."

"I know Vi."

"Also don't let our vamp girls get too close to her, the last thing we need is for them to get involved." I added sighing to myself. "Our people are gone we don't have the resources anymore."

"Got it."

I sighed hanging the phone up and stared at it for a few minutes before putting it in my pocket, turning to Spike.

"I can't believe this." I muttered crossing my arms. "Only been gone a day and everything went haywire."

"You don't have to wait here if Buffy's in trouble." Spike told me.

"No way I'm not gonna ditch you." I told him walking over and sitting down beside him grabbing my bag Kassie gave me. "It's not that long till sundown."

"And every minute we're stuck here, Buffy's out there somewhere and needs you." He said sighing. "You need to tell her what you found."

"And I will when we get home." I told him searching my bag without looking at him. "My temper should be calmer by then too."

"Are you still mad at her?" He asked.

I paused what I was doing, tilting my head up at him and sighed.

"I'm mad that she's being reckless and not thinking things through." I told him shrugging before rummaging through my bag again and pulled out a bottle of tru blood, handing it to him. "My grandparents taught me that in war or any battle or if you're up against an enemy you had to be emotionless and have a clear mind, emotions could get you or people around you killed..." I grabbed a bag of jerky, pulling out a piece and chewed on it. 

Spike hummed in agreement.

"I took care of this area alone since I was thirteen" I said thinking of the past. "Rome and I both did, we took out rogue vamps or anything that would give us away. At the same time I was hunting dad's killer." I paused, Spike said nothing just letting me talk. "Suddenly Buffy came to town I ended up a co-slayer with a partner, Will, Xan and Cordy found out I wasn't fully human.. I eventually saw this as an opportunity to do more for all vamps and creatures, so I introduced Buffy to Angel and showed her our world... I wanted to bring Godric's idea of equality to life, make it grow."