The Killer in Me

It was a pretty day at the Northman house, Buffy, Dawn, Nick and I were in the living room, Buffy and Dawn on the couch with Nick and I standing with our arms crossed watching Giles scurry around trying to gather everything. 

"Giles, you're giving me a headache." I told him rolling my eyes. "Can you please stop going back and forth, this is my first day off in a long time and I want to enjoy it."

"Right uh sorry." He told me. "Are you sure you'll be all right?"

"You'll only be gone for two days." Dawn said pointedly. 

"I think we've managed a bit longer than that." Nick added. 

"Right." He said looking around nervously and stopped. "Oh Dawn, Vi's left her notebook on the mantelpiece. Would you mind running it out to the car?"

"Sure." Dawn said standing and walking over to the fireplace and grabbed the book. 

"While you're at it, you smack her in the head with it and remind her not to leave it lying around." Giles told her. 

"On it." Dawn said walking out the front door. 

I glanced at Nick. 

"Make sure Dawn doesn't kill her." I told him making him nod and walk after his girlfriend, he had a small proud smirk on his face. Dawn was becoming quite a spitfire, if she kept that temper, she'll make a fine future Northman.

 "I'm just a bit twitchy about leaving you girls alone again." Giles said drawing me from my thoughts, he sat down on the coffee table in front of Buffy, gesturing for me to join them.  "While-while things are in such a state of flux." He took his glasses off and wiped his brow.

I sat beside Buffy.

"We know but you should go." Buffy told him, I nodded in agreement. "This trip is important for the girls to understand the source of their power and to know how to use it right."

"And to know the difference between the good and bad vamps." I added giving them looks. "I have high hopes for them and others like Lyla, if they can learn that not all vampires are bad then maybe Olivia's future will be different."

"Agreed." Buffy told me. 

Giles nodded in agreement with Buffy. 

"Do you think they appreciate the gravity of what we're undertaking?" Giles asked. "It's frightening and it's difficult." He gave me a look. "And then apparently someone told them that the vision quest consists of me driving them to the desert, doing the hokey pokey until a spooky Rasta mama slayer arrives and speaks to them in riddles."

"Okay that's not exactly how I put it." I told him innocently. "I never saw a spooky Rasta mama slayer; I saw the spooky Rasta-Lilith who for a lot of vampires is very scary, she predicted my death and second..." I stopped seeing Willow coming in from the sliding door that led out to the guest house I was letting her and Kennedy stay in. 

"Hey, how's Kennedy?" Buffy asked her.

"Still fluey." Willow told us. "Bummed about missing the field trip." She turned to Giles grinning. "She says she wants you to mediate extra hard for her and to bring her back some s'mores." 

"Ah yes, S'mores." Giles said sighing. "I'm going to end up singing campfire songs, aren't I?" He stood up. 

"Oh yeah." Buffy told him.

I smirked lightly at him, Xander came in from the front door, followed by Dawn and Nick. 

"Giles, you might want to get out there." Xander told him.