Graduation Day Pt 1

I was walking down the foot of stairs when several kids came up to me asking me to sign their yearbooks. I smiled at them all.

Rikki had just left following Michelle and Cora those three were really good friends. Addie, Darcy, and Zandra, and Darcy's mate August.

"Vicky, will you sign my yearbook?"

Turning I found Harmony standing behind me and forced a smile. 

"Of course, sign mine too."

"You know, I really wish we would have stayed friends." Harmony told me making me bite my tongue. "I'm really sorry for how I treated you."

"No worries Harm, friends grow apart sometimes it's part of growing up" I told her, signing on the back of her last page and adding a smiley face. "I'm sorry for the whole punching you thing."

"Well I know you, Cordy and I have our differences but I hope we won't lose touch." Harm said waving me off.

"Course not, maybe we three can hang out."

"bye"

"Bye"

Harmony left as Buffy and Willow walked down the stairs stopping beside me.

"Don't you hate her?" Buffy asked staring after Harmony. 

"Yes, ever since we were in kindergarten and she started following Cordelia and I around, copying us and the whole punching her in the face." I told her shrugging, grinning and glanced around at the place I spent half my day. "But what's high school without a little drama? I'm actually missing everything all the memories I made."

"I think it's contagious" Buffy told us. "The whole senior class has turned into the sixties or what I would imagined the sixties would have been like without the war and the hairy armpits."

"You don't feel it." Willow asked.

"No I don't" Buffy said firmly. "I guess I'll miss stuff, but I just don't get the whole graduation thing. I mean you get a piece of paper and nothing changes. I don't even think I'm gonna go."

"I've been feeling that lately since this whole Mayor thing." I told her quietly, making her look at me. "But there's no way to get out of it, Mom's been waiting for this day."

"Old trusty soda machine I push you for root beer and you give me coke." Willow said before frowning at us. "What do you mean not go? why not."

"Ascension" Buffy said.

"The Mayor, man who tore my family apart. becoming a demon...If I don't win every human will be killed...the other communities will be wrecked" I added glancing at Buffy. "I plan to fight him, and I'm not backing down this time."

 We headed to a table and sat down.

"you guys can't do both?"

"Both what" Xander asked sitting at the table, joining us.

"Go to graduation and Tori fight the Mayor." Buffy told him.

"The mayor?" Xander asked looking between us. "What, you guys didn't hear?"

"Hear what?" I asked staring at my best friend intensely.

"Guess who our commencement speaker is?"

"Siegfried?"

"No"

"Roy?"

"No."

"One of the tigers?"

"Come out of the fantasy Will" Xander told her.

"I don't believe this." Buffy muttered.

"Lends credence to my whole 'I'm gonna die' theorem doesn't it?" Xander asked.