Seeing Red

Waking up to a buzzing sound. The windows were covered with their blinds, making the room dark. I could feel his arms around me and his chest pressed up against my back. 

 I just laid there for a few minutes, listening to Spike's breathing and slowly rubbed his forearm. I could hear Nick rushing to make it out the door and felt nothing but pure bliss... I was happy, genuine happy for the first time in a long time. 

A few months ago we had returned from our trip, and I told everyone my secret that I was pregnant, and everyone was happy even Nicky he has been bursting out in laughter to be an uncle, he also told us about his special news... Dawn being his mate which surprised us all but we're slowly coming around to it... Nick said Dawn would be his and fortunately it came true... Anyway when we got back, we told the gang and honestly it went a lot better than I thought it would. Everyone was embracing the idea.

All except Xander who hasn't talked to me since I told them, he wasn't a fan of this whole baby nonsense.  Buffy took over patrol for a while, but I still wanted to help her find the geeks. I wasn't going to rest until they were put where they belonged. 

Hearing the buzzing again, I looked over at my side table next to my bed seeing my phone, I reached over picking it up, reading the messages. I had about five.... One from Kassie, one from Calum and Chantry as usual and the rest were from Buffy.  I decided to read the first one from Buffy first. 

Checking the time it was nearly nine in the morning, I replied back to Buffy and the one from Chantry and slowly turned onto my back. 

Looking over at Spike's sleeping face. He looked peaceful like nothing outside could harm him.  I sighed a little having to leave him. I really didn't like leaving him here alone in the house when he slept, he was a deep sleeper at times and nothing could wake him up. 

Slowly I pushed the covers from me and sat up only to be pulled back down in my spot.

My head snapped over in Spike's direction.

His eyes were opened, staring right at me. He pulled me back into his arms, wrapping them around me as tightly as he could without squeezing my bump. 

"Stay." He mumbled tiredly; he kissed my shoulder.

I smiled at him turning on my side and laid my hand on his cheek, caressing him gently, his eyes softened. 

"I have to go. " I mumbled quietly. "Buffy needs me." 

"Buffy can handle it on her own, you shouldn't be patrolling or fighting not with a child." 

"Spike I'm fine, so is the baby." I told him sensing his fear for the child and I. "Trust me I know my limit besides I look forward to putting those idiots behind bars myself." 

I moved closer and gave him a long kiss, pulling him as close as I could get. He responded instantly, his hand moved up and caressed my cheek. 

Before it could get heated my phone buzzed again, drawing us apart, I looked over at it. 

Turning back to my mate and gently pushed his arm off me, slowly sitting up, pushing back my heavy and warm comforter and swung my legs over the edge. 

Getting to my feet, I padded over to the bathroom, feeling his eyes on me. 

Closing the bathroom door, moving to the shower, I turned the knob, the water dripped down. I let it heat up and removed my nightgown, tossing it into the hamper. 

Stepping into the shower, I took a quick hot one. I didn't have time so I got back out wrapping myself up in a towel and headed back into the bedroom, to my closet searching for something to wear.