Earshot

(No one's POV)

Victoria ran into a playground in the park being chased by two flesh colored demons, nasty twisted face, no mouths. 

 You could see the whiteness of Tori's fangs illuminating in the night as she turned  to them and hissed. One of the creatures loomed over her. She snap kicked, knocking it back into a pole of a swing set and pulled her daggers out.

"You demons can't resist a run and stumble, can you?" Victoria asked smirking.

She threw the knife down at one of the creatures, the first caught it. The other one grabbed her from behind. She twisted and chucked it into the swing set pole.

Both demons got up, one right in front of the other and faced off with her. The first ducked and the second threw her knife back at her. She caught it in midair.

The first demon rushed in to attack. Victoria met it in the middle and yanked her dagger back from the first demon's stomach and then turned around looking for the second.

"One down, one... gone. "

Victoria didn't notice the demons blood on her hand, the back covered with a strange glowing substance. The substance faded into her skin unnoticed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Victoria's POV)

Walking into the library with Willow and Buffy the next day.

"So scabby demon got away?" Buffy asked.

"Scabby demon number two got away." I told them. "Scabby demon number one big check in the slay column."

"I don't like this whole no mouth thing." Willow said. "It's disquieting."

"Well" Buffy said. "No mouth means no teeth."

"Unless they have them somewhere else." I added.

We sat down at the main table where Xander and Oz were already sitting at. Oz leaned over and kissed my cheek in a greeting, I smiled at him and moved to sit on his lap instead of the chair.

Giles came out of his office.

"Here we go, we've been researching the, uh, mayor's forthcoming ascension." He told us.

"It's pretty riveting stuff." Oz said remarking.

"What do we know?" I asked.

"What don't we know." Xander said. "Tell her Giles."

"Based upon the supposed date, graduation day, and the mayor being impervious to harm, I've cross referenced- " Giles told us trailing off.

"He's a cross-referencing fool." Xander said cutting him off.

"And I've eliminated several possibilities. It's not the ritual flaying of the demon Azarath nor the, uh ... I don't know what's going to happen. " Giles added giving Xander a look.

"That was kind of an anti-climax." Oz said.

"We don't know anything?" Buffy asked. "The whole fake Angel thing was for nothing?"

"No, no, no. If nothing else Angel's charade has brought Faith's treachery to the open and this information on the ascension will prove useful eventually, I just need to put it together." Giles said.

My hand started itching so I scratched it slowly. 

 "Terribly sorry, I was detained. Official counsel business." Wesley said entering. "Mr. Giles, you were speaking?"

"I was just filling the girls in on my progress regarding the research on the Ascension." Giles said.

"Oh" Wesley said. "And what took up the rest of the minute?"