The Body

(Christmas-flash back.)

It was Christmas again and my 20th birthday, this year Mom and I decided to host it. We were sitting at the dinner table, having just finished so there wasn't much left. We were only going to be here for another hour or so, before we headed up to Louisiana and our Christmas tradition.

Christmas lights were light around the walls and the candles were burning. On the left side of the table Buffy, Dawn, Anya and Xander sat beside each other. And on the right side Nick, Willow, Tara and I sat together. Mom was at one end, with Joyce to her side while Giles was at the other end. It was a pot luck dinner so everyone brought something.

"I think we're just about ready for pie." Mom said.

Mama, Nick and I stood up to clear the tables.

"Then I'll be pretty much ready for barf." Xander said.

"Xander!" Buffy exclaimed, I shot him a dark glare.

He realized what it sounded like.

"No, No." Xander told Mom. "Barf from eating, 'cause all was good, and too much goodness'"

"I'm taking it as a compliment." Mom said shrugging.

"Everything was delicious Camillia" Joyce told her making her smile.

"Yes uh, every was good." Giles said standing to help.

"Yes, I'm going to barf too." Anya said.

Mom smiled wryly carrying a pile of dirty dishes past Anya and into the kitchen

"Everyone's so sweet." I heard Mom mutter.

I looked to see if Mom was angry and slapped Xander on the shoulder

"Ow Tor! I didn't mean it!, I'm sorry!" He yelled rubbing his shoulder in pain, he sighed and turned to Will. "How you doing there, Will, are you in the vomit club too?"

"I had too much nog." Willow said groaning.

"Oh baby want me to rub your tummy?" Tara asked with sympathy, turning to us. "She likes it when I...." She paused and got quiet. "Stop explaining things."

"My nog tastes funny. I think I got one with rum in it." Dawn said.

"That's bad." Nick told her, rubbing her back.

Buffy and I shared a knowing look, smirking.

"Yeah, now Santa's gonna pass you right by, naughty booze hound." Xander told her making Tara and Dawn giggle and Nick look at him crazy.

"Santa?" Nick repeated.

"Santa always passes me by. Something puts him off. Could be the big honkin' menorah." Willow said.

"Oh" Tara said looking at Nick and Dawn. "Did you guys write him a letter?"

"What'd you ask for?" Xander asked.

"Um, guys, hello, puberty? Sorta figured out the whole no Santa thing." Dawn told them.

"Yeah and we don't do the whole Santa thing." Nick told him. "Since Godric and Anna were alive during most of the holiday creations...they never saw a Santa Claus." He looked at me. "Right?"

"That's a myth." Anya and I said in sync.

"Yeah."

"No, I mean, it's a myth that it's a myth. There is a Santa Claus." I said making Anya nod.