Potential

It was around nighttime, I found myself standing in the cemetery with Buffy and Roman standing in the shadows watching our girls train.

Rona and Vi made their way through among the gravestones. Clearly, they were nervous and worried. Both had their stakes held up at ready, but they looked more like scared children than warriors.

A branch snapped making me smirk, they turned towards the sound, terrified and suddenly Rona was punched in the head, she collapsed to the ground.

Spike leaped out of the shadows in front of Vi who raised her stake to strike him, but Spike batted her hand aside easily. He wrenched her arm up behind her back and spun her around, baring her neck. His fangs descended toward her soft flesh, but he stopped, and his face morphed back to normal.

I grinned at Buffy, who just smiled back at me.

"Okay, these two are dead why?" Spike asked.

"Cause the black chick always gets it first?" Rona asked getting to her feet, annoyed.

"What was that Rona?" Buffy asked.

We stepped out of the shadows, Molly, Kennedy and Lyla was with us. As usual Molly was taking constant notes.

"I'm dead because he's a vampire." Rona said correcting herself. "I don't have Slayer strength, Slayer speed or whatever it is that Tori has... it wasn't a fair fight."

"Fine." Spike muttered looking at Vi. "Do you think I care if it's a fair fight?"

"No, no sir!" Vi told him nervously freaking out" You don't play by the rules, and I have learned a valuable lesson...of some sort."

I smirked at the sir part; it was kind of funny thinking of Spike as a sir. Spike twisted Vi's arm a little hard making her yelp.

"Okay Spike." I told him easing him off, he looked at me and I gave him a look.

He smiled at me and let go, I turned back to the girls.

"You're right." I told them nodding. "You don't have slayer strength and you're not a Dhampir like Lyla or I or a hybrid like Roman but that doesn't mean you're not strong. Everyone has a fighter inside them, just gotta figure out how to bring it out."

"You have inherent abilities that others do not have." Buffy added making me nod.

"Not like you or Tori do." Molly said.

"No not yet." Buffy told them. "But it's there, you have the potential, and you have Tori, she has more experiences with vampires even more than me." Buffy looked at me, making me smile at her.

"Speed and strength are important but you need instinct first." I said taking over a little. "Northman rule number one, you need to trust yourself." I glanced at Rona. "Rona, what did your instincts tell you to do just then?"

"Block his attack, keep him off balance." She told me making me raise an eyebrow. "Gain the advantage."

Buffy looked over at me, I shook my head listening to her heart and heard an uptick in the beats.

"No they didn't." I told her earning a look. "Don't forget I can tell when someone lies."

"They told me to run." Rona said sighing.

"Vi?" I asked glancing over at her.

She nodded.

"They told me to run." Vi said glancing at Spike warily. "They're still sorta telling me to run."

I let out a small quiet laugh earning a look from Spike who heard it. I shrugged and smirked at him. He rolled his eyes softly in amusement.

"Don't fight on his terms." Buffy told them. "If your guts telling you to run, run. Regain the higher ground and make the fight your own." She turned to Spike. "Spike, what did your instincts tell you to do just then?"