Living Conditions

Buffy and I were walking along the wooded path.

"So you had trouble getting past Kathy?" I asked.

"Yup" Buffy told me. "She made big with the questions."

"Wow glad I don't have to deal with that, I got the best room on campus" I told her grinning.  "And it's all mine." 

"Not everyone has high powered people." Buffy told me making me chuckle smirking. "Kathy's nice and all but she's....she's sort of...I don't know."

"Like a mini-mom of Momdonia?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Wait" Buffy asked stopping and looking around. "Did you hear something?"

"Gonna have to be more specific Buffy enhanced hearing, I can hear everything." I told her shrugging.

"I mean something lurky." Buffy told me.

"Sorry, no" I said shaking my head and we started walking again.

"Darn" Buffy said. "I could use a little play tonight. Listening to the best of VH-1 all day sort of put me on edge."

"Kathy still spinnin' the divas?" I asked.

"Cause it's the fun-est." Buffy joked mimicking Kathy's voice. 

I chuckled at her.

"College is a time of change right?" Buffy added. "I bet before too long, she'll be trip-hoppin all over the place."

"I heard Will's rommie is kind of challenging too." I told her.

"And what are we if not women up to a challenge?" Buffy said.

We stopped at a path, that had branches sticking out.

"Well, here's where I get off, hope you don't mind me bailing." I told Buffy.

"Course not" Buffy said. "I'll let you know if I need you, say hey to Oz for me."

"Happy hunting."

"Wish me monsters."

I grinned at her, before walking away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Buffy had filled me in on everything so we went to Giles. There was a fountain, and table and a few chairs. I sat down while Buffy went through his mail.

"Boring...boring...bill...bill."

Giles came running down the stairs wearing exercise clothes complete with sneakers.

"Hello"  Giles greeted panting.

"You run?" I asked looking him up and down. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything other than suits.

"And jump and bend" Giles said still panting. "And occasionally, frolic."

"Okay" Buffy said and held up a magazine. "What's with the motorbike and scooter magazine?"

"Congratulations girls, you've found me out." Giles told us. "I'm a mod jogger."

"Okay, you're not having one of those mid-life things are you?" I asked. "Cause I'm still going 'ick' from the last time you tried to recapture your youth ya know when you were shoving your tongue down my mother's throat."

"Victoria!" Giles exclaimed looking at me in shock.

"What? You think I was gonna let that go?" I asked crossing my arms. "The only reason I don't say anything is because it was handled and will never happen again."