Lessons

It's been several months since Tara died and Willow went crazy with the magic and revenge, my great aunt Carissa and Giles both showed up and helped us calm her down. 

Willow ended up going to England with Giles, she needed to get away from the place that reminded her of.... that. I understand how she feels but no one knows what goes on in someone's mind when such things happen. Everyone handles it differently. 

After everything that happened Nick, Olivia and I decided to take a very long vacation away from Sunnydale, I needed time to gather my thoughts without constant reminders that he was gone...

My life was always changing. Spike left me. He just upped and took off without a single word. Eventually we came back but it's been hard for me.

I didn't even have time to lock myself up in a room and cry, I had a child to take care of. I was in between heartbroken and confused and hating him for leaving me, I couldn't forgive him, everyone knows how I feel about people close to me leaving, I didn't want to go through that kind of heartbreak again, I haven't heard any word at all and it's making me crazy.  I guess I was just waiting and hoping he'd come back.

He didn't just leave me but our child too.

A child which has grown quite a bit since the few months she's been born. It was normal for Dhampir children. Even though I was having mixed feelings for my mate, I wasn't going to keep him a secret, always telling her stories about him and showing her pictures, Oliva deserved to know him. I would never do that to my baby. 

Anyway, Buffy was training Dawn, she and her mother were finally giving Dawn permission so that she knew how to defend herself instead of always relying on Nick or one of us, especially if she was going to be a future Mrs. Northman.

Nick, Buffy, Dawn and I were standing in the cemetery, beside me was little Olivia, she was sitting on top of a stone gracefully, just watching quietly. 

Now before you go judging my parenting skills keep in mind that we're partly vampires and raise our children differently. I used to hunt with my family at her age and knew how to use weaponry and everything. 

She wasn't doing anything but watching, listening and learning. As she grows, she'll learn more. 

Anyway, there was a new vampire rising from his grave tonight, He was a middle-aged man dressed in a suit.

It was a little after dark. 

I had my arms crossed watching Buffy. 

"It's about power." Buffy said kneeling down beside the vampire. "Who's got it? who knows how to use it." 

She tosses the stake to Dawn who stood at the foot of the grave. 

"So, who's got the power Dawn?" Buffy asked. 

"Well, I've got the stake." Dawn said sighing. 

"The stake is not the power." I told her sternly. 

"But he's new." Olivia said from her spot making us look at her. She stared back innocently making me smile softly. "Aren't all newborns weak?"

"Yeah, he doesn't know his strength." Dawn said nodding along with Livy. "He might not know all those fancy martial arts skills they inevitable seem to pick up."

"You should never underestimate a newborn or any vampire" I said staring at my little girl. "Once a human is reborn as we call it, they feel this sudden urge of power in their veins." I held up my hand and squeezed it into a fist a few times. "They're incredibly strong and once they realize that they will use it. So....." I glanced between Olivia and Dawn. "Who's got the power?" I raised an eyebrow at Olivia.