Sixty-seven

"Please don't leave in the morning."

I pounded on the door furiously. I could taste the adrenile in my mouth. It resembled the cold taste of metal and blood.

My fist felt raw and the burn of my skin across the thick wooden door was tearing my knuckles apart but that wasn't what really got me. What really got me was when he opened the door. His curls sticking every direction and he green eyes clouded over from the daze of sleep.

"Ela?" And oh was his voice so deep. The gravely sleep laced tone that was secluded for just me at the long hours of the night. Well, not anymore.

"I want out of this." I shooved the folder containing all the need to know stuff for the jet we bought together in disgust at him. My mistake. My fingertips graced across the T-shirt on his chest immediately sending goosebumps down the back of my spine.

"What are you-"

"Get me out of it!"

I was so lost and I knew it. I was also in too deep but I couldn't find it in me to stop either.

"What are you even talking about?"

He jumped to grab the folder I was shoving at him. When he did his eyebrows pinched together and his eyes squinted as he attempted to read the papers in the dim light.

And it hit my like a brick wall. All those feelings I was so endlessly trying to suppress sprang to life with just one look at him. His hair was an ocean storm, springing and turning in every single direction imaginable. His palm was pressed against the doorframe and I traced my gaze up his forearm to see his tan skin flex with worry. His tatooes standed bleak against his skin. He shut the folder and I stood totally frozen as his gaze traced my face. I felt the warmth drain my body at how much I missed him, but couldn't have him anymore.

"Ela what's wrong?"

I was a fish gasping for water. I came here with such an intense vigor ready to destroy him and this contract, only for it to be completely lost as I looked to the man I loved.

"I- I-" But I couldn't finish. Words seemed useless right now. I couldn't bring myself to convey all the emotions I've been feeling.

"Come inside. Its freezing."

But what really sent chills down my spine was when his fingers pressed so gently but firmly to my arm. In one effortless pull I was tugged inside and two centimeters away from his chest. 

I wanted so desperately to push him away. I really did. But it was so cold outside and so late and I was so tired.

He took all the bad away. He always did.

I should've screamed no. I should've pushed him away, slapped him, call him a lair, do anything. But I didn't.

My eyelids grew so heavy and I found it impossible to even attempt to keep them open. My limbs felt numb but somehow sluggish.

Again I should've protested when his hand rested against the small of my back.

But instead of protest all that escaped from me was tears. Alexa was right. I knew she was right. I know all the girls are right, that had been suppressing all my emotions and fears. Harry's the key. He's the one who unlocks all of it and make my tears feel good to let out.

"Shh." His lips ever so slightly pressed against my forehead.  With a gentle push into his embrace I let go and let him guide me down the expanse of the hallway. It only half registered in my brain the fact when he tugged my jacket off, the whole time glancing at my face worriedly. Quickly and skillfully he opened his bottom left drawer and tugged out my favorite t-shirt, which made me cry even harder because this was so wrong and I shouldn't be here. I couldnt bring myself to think of the fact that how fake this all was right now. I still needed it. I needed one night of feeling about love that was now left behind. He must really pity me to still keep up with this charade.