Twenty

"Of course we will."

Alexa's pov

The guilt was piling on my back and I just couldn't shake it off.

At the time, it felt like the right thing to do for Ela. She needed Harry and I knew that if she was forced to kiss Mick in that video more drama would've erupted between the two of them.

It's not that I regretted kissing Mick for the video. I knew the fans would like seeing some action. One of us needed to kiss him to make the video complete. I helped Mick get a start in his career. Those were all pros of having to kiss him. But they all were overshadowed by guilt for kissing him when I had something with Niall.

I felt like I betrayed Niall. It almost compared to cheating on him in my opinion. I couldn't exactly pinpoint why I felt like this, but nevertheless I couldn't control it.

"Alexa?" I turned as two loud knocks were etched across my cherry wooden bedroom door.

"Niall" I sighed, forcing a smile across my lips. Here comes that feeling again.

"Whatcha doing hiding in here?" He playfully asked as he closed the door with his foot and strode over to my bed. Taking a seat next to me he smiled, silently encouraging me to answer his question.

"Oh I was just tidying up." I cringed.

He simply nodded, somehow knowing there was more to my eerie disposition.

"How've you been?" He stumbled his words. Nervous actions now shining through as he realized the situation was a bit awkward currently.

"So busy." I said tossing my hands in the air.

"Yes. I've noticed.."he trailed off half heartedly.

I started to feel even worse about the whole situation now. All I was trying to do was keep the peace between Niall and I. Instead I seem to be messing it up by myself.

"Niall I kissed Mick." I blurted out, not being able to keep it any longer.

His brows contorted and he suddenly say up straighter.

"For this stupid music video. Ela was supposed to kiss him but she was panicking about having to do it cause she doesn't really have a great past with Mick and didn't want to mess things up with Harry so I volenteered, but I honestly didn't want to and I've been distant because I know you'd be mad and I didn't know how to tell you, but I'm so sorry and please know I don't like Mick I just had to do it for the video and-"

My rant was cut short by Niall who was..smiling??

"Alexa whoa whoa, calm down." he said gently grabbing my hands and pulling me to his side.

"It's okay." he hushed gently rubbing his right palm across my back. The gesture soothed me immensely.

"Your not mad?" I asked dumbly. I thought for sure he'd be mad.

"No..I mean I'm not thrilled with it, but I understand why you did it. I think that's pretty awesome of you to do that for Ela. That's a great friend. Plus you've seen me have to flirt with girls for music videos."

The tension my shoulders had been bearing for a great sum of time seemed to disperse immediately.

"Niall..I- you- your amazing." I blurted,

not being able to hide my growing smile.

"Plus, now I know why you've been distant. Let's just agree to tell each other things..not hide it? Yeah?"

I nodded my head furiously still smiling.

"Niall..thanks for understanding." I said, curling into his side.

"Of course Alexa. Let's go watch this music video now!" He said jumping up, tugging me up alongside of him.

Here goes nothing.

**

Maura's pov

"You look beautiful." a hushed whisper spoke into my ear.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks in a heavy blush as Zayn continued to whisper sweet comments into my ear.

The music video was looking great so far. Fucking far out if I say so myself.

"What is that prick doing in this?" I heard Louis ask from the other large couch.

"He's the love interest in it..hush up Louis." Erin nudged his side as we all glued our eyes to the television displaying our viral video.

"Did his mom spray tan him before he left the house? I mean come on he's orange." Harry spoke after a couple seconds of silence.

I couldn't help but laugh along with the boys. Turning to Ela I saw her giggle into Harry's shirt as they sat snuggled up on the couch.

The rest of the 6 minute video was filled with several sarcastic comments directed towards Mick. Even Liam joined, surprising us all.

"Well ladies it was a great video. You all look great. I'm sure the fans will love it." Zayn spoke as he tossed his arm around behind me.

"Thank you." I whispered leaning into his side inhaling his musky scent.

"Yeah everything was great except for Mick.. And that cheap ass kiss..Niall he's got nothing on you." Harry roared out again.

Alexa rolled her eyes but smiled as she turned to Niall who simply shrugged to Harry. I was suprised to see

how well Niall was behaving.

"Don't worry we'll take care of it." Harry joked, causing the group of us to chuckle lightly.

Niall returned the gesture with a wink.

"Of course we will."