Seventy-four

"Till the wedding."

Elas Pov

We were leaving today. Leaving for the tour. For seven months.

I managed to avoid Harry for the past two weeks and it killed me a little inside. But I did it for him, not for me.

As much as I didn't like to think of the confrontation with Heather, thoughts about it lingered in my mind and controlled all my thoughts. Was I poison to Harry? Yes. Because I only added more bad then good. I dumped so many problems and self loathe of myself onto him and made him run to catch my pace. I never did anything in return for him during our relationship either. I was cruel. He deserves better.

I wasn't going to pull the just run and never say goodbye card. No. He deserved a goodbye. He deserved to know why I was doing what I was doing.

But I knew it wasn't going to go well when he answered the door, face composed of brief shock and deliberate anger.

He crossed his arms and leaned across the doorframe and I blurted out my intentions without a simple hello to start.

"You deserve better."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Harry, you deserve so much more than the crap I put you through. I'm selfish and needy and incompetent and foolish. You deserve someone who won't pull you down with them."

I was really surprised when he groaned.

"Jesus Christ Ela!" He looked so frustrated.
"I'm not having this conversation with you again! I don't care about any of that. I don't care about what you think is best for me. I don't care about anything but us. Drop this shit theory!"

"Harry please-"

"Your pissing me off with these mind games Ela. I know you want to be with me. What the hell did Heather say to you to make you freak out?"

"Nothing." I said it too fast. I looked like a liar. I sounded like a liar. I was a liar.

"Ela, I am all in. All in. Please just let us get back to where we were."

"The wedding."

Confusion spread across his face. "I'm not following?"

"Just- Melinda and Jack's wedding..Let's just give it till then and we can decide at that time what we want."

My plan was failing. I couldn't help it. Being around him made all resolve tumble down.

"Ela, I know what I want. You. That's not going to change. Not now, not ever."

"Harry, you never know what could-"

"Well I know this Ela. I know my ring will be on your finger one day. But-" he swallowed as I tried to comprehend what he just said. His ring, as in we would be married. "But If you need more time, then I'll wait. I'll do it for you. "

He was all I wanted.

Stupid Heather playing mind games with me.

"Its what I want."
It felt like I was lying to myself. I guess because I was.

"Okay, okay fine. I'll wait Ela. But if you decide you're done bullshitting around while we wait the five months till Jack and Melinda say 'I do', you just call me. I don't care where in the whole country, nation, globe, you are, I'll come find you."

In one swift motion, before I even realized what I was doing, I stretched on my tippy toes, grabbed the back of his neck and pressed my lips against his. His mouth tasted like mint gum as he hungrily pressed back. Sternly his hands wrapped around my side, giving me goosebumps through the travels, untill he reached right above my backside. He pushed my body against his effortlessly. My other hand coiled into his long hair. I wasn't used to the length. It felt foreign to my as my fingers tightened around the long locks. My nose pressed against his cheek and his familiar smell coocooned around me like a blanket.

Gently and slowly, I pried my mouth away from his. "Goodbye Harry."

"That wasn't a 'forever goodbye' kiss Ela. You amaze me how you always forget how much I can read you like a book."

I couldn't help but giggle.
His face smiled and dashed with relief simultaneously. "Till the wedding."

I nodded. "Till the wedding."