Forty-Nine

" I always deemed Australian accents as hot. "

Ela's pov

"You need to call him!"

I rolled my eyes. "Hush Alexa."

An instant scoff accompanied with more hushed whispers followed pursuit next.

"Ela Cunningham. It's been four days. The last conversation you two had was when we landed in Japan. It went well too! Just grow up and call him!"

"So you're telling me to just get up and walk out right now?" I quietioned quietly.

"Yeah!" Alexa hushed, pushing my shoulder.

I shook my head. "Were in the middle of watching a kabuki play Alexa. I can't just leave."

Which was true. I couldn't just get up and walk out. That would be rude. But as much as I hated to admit it, Alexa was right about one thing. I was avoiding Harry. Being a complete another continent away from him made that easy for me physically, but emotionally was a total different story. If I was being honest to myself, I really wanted to call him.

I missed him. I missed him so much it hurt. But part of me wouldn't let the last fight we had go.

"Fine afterwards. Call him." Alexa crossed her arms before directing her focus back to the figures on stage.

"Why? Have you talked him?" I gushed whipping my head to gauge her reaction.

"Nope. Not once."

I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Not once?"

She only nodded.

I smiled to myself. The last conversation I had with Harry was him telling me he was going to work out all our problems with just us. No Alexa.

He seemed to be taking that heart.

So after a couple more minutes of trying to watch the kabuki play, I gave up.

"Excuse me for a minute." I spoke quietly to Alexa and the rest of my band mates before slinking out of the kabuki theatre. Screw this weird play.

Quietly I tip toed around untill I found a somewhat secudled spot. I took a deep breath for dialing his number.

It only took a couple rings for him to answer.

"Ela." He sighed in relief. I quickly noticed how rough and raw his voice was.

"Did I wake you?" I mumbled nervously into the receiver. Absentminded I had taken my bracelet harry had given me awhile ago and took to fiddling with it. Just the mere presence of it there calmed my nerves.

"No no it's ok. Well yes but I was just about to get up anyway." He readily gushed.

"Oh alright good. I'm still not quite getting used to this time zone." I mumbled biting my nails nervously.

I mentally scolded myself. I shouldn't be nervous.

A small chuckle was heard from the phone before we both paused in a tense ackward silence.

"I thought I might have to get a jet and fly over there if you didn't call me soon."

I screwed my eyes shut and leaned against the cold white wall beside me. My first nature was to take the defensive side of this. He knew we too well though we he spoke again.

"I've been trying to give you some space. You do not know how many times I came close to calling you Ela."

"I just- I've just been busy. I'm supposed to be watching some play about a Japanese Warlord right now." I said as shuffled my right foot back and forth in anxiety.