Forty-seven

"Should I be jealous?"

Alexa's pov

Two hours after we were all settled in, I took to exploring the view. Japan was truely amazing. The sights itself made the journey worth it.

"Amazing isn't it?" Ela softly questioned beside me.

I turned to find her gazing at the large window beside me. The sky was slowly fading to black while the bright neon lights of the city reflected across her face.

"Yeah it really is. I don't remember it being this bright last time we were here.." I trailed off tearing my gaze away from her face back to the skyline.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw her nod slowly. Her disposition was off. That was obvious from the moment I saw her. Another dead give away was her nonstop picking at her nails. A nasty habit of hers in times of discomfort.

I knew what the problem was. However getting her to talk about it like flipping a coin. A 50-50 chance.

"Do you want to talk about?" I ask sitting on the couch adjacent from us.

She shifted on the tip of her feet as if she was walking on glass. I stayed silent, waiting for her to process my words.

"Yes. I do actually." She said as she plopped on the seat beside me.

I guess the odds were in my favor.

"Right. So talk. Let's hear it."

She nodded slowly.

"I got into a fight with Harry."

I rolled my eyes. "Well what's new?" I quipped sarcastically.

She ignored my joking and continued.

"It was different this time. He told me he loved me, well at least I thought he did, but then he kinda, took it back. I thought he regretted saying it to me. I haven't talked to him since. Then you gave me that letter. Now, I don't know what to think. Or do." Cautiously she pulled the white envelope I had given her earlier out of her back pocket and slide it to me.

I read over the contents smiling.

"Ela, it's evident that he loves you." I shook my head as I passed the letter back over to her.

"Well why couldn't he say that to my face? Or call me? Or even text me?"

I stopped her before she could continue on.

"First off, I know you. You probably avoided him. Yes?"

Guiltily she nodded.

"And you do know be broke his phone right? Threw it at a wall after you left.." I trailed off smirking.

"He did?!" She gasped in disbelief.

"Yes you nut. He was really upset he didn't get to see you before you left. He said he went to the airport but couldn't find you."

Her mouth flew open, pleasantly suprised.

"He went to the airport?!"

I nodded furiously, my grin growing at how happy Ela now was.

"Call him or something." I nudged her.

Her smiling ceased.

"No!"

I raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"Why not!"

She huffed dramatically.

"I still don't know what to think about this all. I'm really conflicted. Plus if he really wanted to have seen me, he would've found me. I know I was avoiding him but still, it wasn't that hard."

"I'm sure he was nervous too Ela! Cut him some slack! That's it. I'm calling him. His phone should be working by now." I whipped my phone out from pocket and started to dial Harry's number.

"Don't!" Ela screeched before climbing in top of me.

"Oof." I mumbled as I fell from the couch.

"Geez Ela. Fine, fine. I'll call Niall then."

She relaxed slightly but still held her position of sitting on me so she had the upper hand.

"So Ireland was good then?" She asked as I tried breathing normally. Slowly she seemed to be cutting off my air flow.

"It was so amazing! I didn't want to leave!" I gushed.

"How was meeting the parents and all that?"

My eyes went big.

"Well , Niall's family is huge. Like really huge. But, they're all so nice and made me feel at home. I even broke one of his mom's dishes like the first time I met her and she was completely cool about it!" I chuckled remembering the embarrassing moment.

"You broke something the first time you met her?" She busted out laughing. Her wiggling was increasing the pressure on me.

"Hard to breath here." I said breathlessly.

"Sorry. Sorry." She said rearranging her position, but still managing to sit in me.

"Yes anyways, she told me it didn't really matter I broke it because she hated it anyways. Regardless, she was super nice and I think she liked me so that scored some points!" I grinned up at her.

She smiled patting my head. I rolled my eyes and contines my first task, calling Niall.

It only took a few rings untill the chipper boy I knew so well picked up.

"Hey Al! How's Japan? Miss you already.." His voice taunted through the speakers.

"Hey Niall. It's amazing! I miss you too." I sighed into the receiver. I had just saw him a couple hours ago, but my heart already swelled at the thought of him being so far away.

"What are you up to?" He questioned.

"Currently, being straddled by Ela." I huffed eyeing her.

"Should I be jealous?" Niall joked back.

I snorted as Ela rolled her eyes trying to contain her smile. She must've heard Niall.

"I'd watch out if I were you Horan." Ela tossed her words into the phone as I clicked the speaker button.

"You better watch yourself Cunningham. I could take you down easily." Niall bantered back just as quick.

"Hah! Take me down? I could-" Ela started but I covered my hand against her mouth.

"Ok you two that enough." I giggled stopping their pretend feud.

In the distant background I heard mumbling from Niall's end of the phone.

"Uhm Ela? I've got someone here who wants to talk to you." Niall guilty pleaded.

I watched as Ela's face turned pale.

She shook her head violently from side to side.

"Tell them I left the room!" She whispered to me.

"What? Left the room in two seconds?! No way. Just answer the phone!" I said shoving my iPhone in her face.

She pushed it back as if it were a poisoned device.

"Ela Cunningham. Pick up the god damn phone now."

"Fine." She growled before taking the device from my grasp.

She eyed it curiously before swallowing deeply.

"Hello?" She timidly hushed into it.

"El, it's Harry."

She shut her eyes and bite her lip.

I nodded my head in encouragement as she turned off the speaker setting, making the conversation private.

Cautiously and quietly she spoke into the receiver.

"I got your note."