Fifty-one

Alexa's POV

My ear drums finally started to settle as our plane landed safely at the LA airport.

I was aroused by my obnoxious seat partner, Maura, when she started dancing in our very tight seats.

"I am just so fucking happy to be home! I mean home in Cali. Not home home. You get what I mean?"

I chuckled at her excitement, "Yeah, I got you. It does feel good to be back."

Maura was right. We were back home, but not technically. Our real houses were back in Dover, Delaware. However after being gone for so long, I believe California is our home now.

The more I started to ponder of our old lives and neighborhoods in Dover, the more I began to miss my family. I talk to my brothers and Mom constantly. I never visit them though.

"You alright, Alexa? You are looking kind of sad?" Maura asked with as much sincerity she could muster.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just missing good ole' Dover!" Laughing at my old town.

"I know. Isn't weird we used to want to leave that shitty town? Now we just want to go back." Maura smile began to fade to grim as she sunk back into our leather chairs.

"I for one don't miss that hell hole." Ela muttered never testing her gaze off the windowpane.

"Ellie, come on." Erin patted her but still managed to scold her.

"I don't miss it. At all. Is there anything wrong with saying that?" Ela's head now turned from the window to lock eyes Maura.

"You don't miss certain people in the town. But you had good memories there. Don't write it off like that."

"There's nothing positive I can think of there."

"Youre just worried and all anxious about seeing Harry. Its going to be fine. Stop worrying.

Her gaze returned to the window.

"I'm hungry, tired, grouchy, and just plain freaking annoyed at the world. How much time do we have left in this shit van?" Maura broke the tension again.

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Maura, we only have like five or so minutes left. You'll be fine."

"I'm going to eat your arm off here in a minute if I don't get something in my stomach!"

"You're going to have have to suffice with peanut butter and chocolate syrup cause that's all we left in the penthouse."

"Fuck!"

"Maura! Stop swearing for two seconds. Ela and I will go to the store while the rest of you unpack. You can manage for a half hour or so." Lauren scolded her.

"Why me?" Ela groaned.

"Because you need some fresh air and a break."

"And going grocery shopping will fix that?"

Lauren nodded. "Its a start."

Ela pouted again and closed herself off as the rest of the girls resumed their quiet banter.

"Ela, you seem to be quite silent. Not ready to bang Harry tonight?" I joked.

"Alexa!" She punched me in the arm, "Just kinda nervous. Last time I saw Harry we got in that huge fight."

She continuously rotated the charm bracelet around her wrist. I could always tell she anxious due to the wringing of that bracelet.

"Everything's going to be great. You fixed that problem remember. You've also been talking all week. Remember he loves you."