Thirty-four

"Perfect! Let's get to work."

Ela's POV

"What?" I was the first to question the boys.

"Yeah! We were talking about you guys with some song writing friends of ours. Let's just say they are thrilled to do this." Liam gushes.

"But this is too soon! A song? Together?" I exclaimed.

Don't get me wrong. My stomach is swirling with excitement about this new song, but I feel like this is so abrupt. Around a little over a month into relationship, we might record a song? I was never into the idea of doing any duets with other people. I feel like it can get complicated quick. Now I have to add my boyfriend into it?

"I know, I know. But hey! We have already outweighed all the predicaments." Melinda firmly stated.

"This may be a rough transition period between couples and business partners, but truly, it is the best combination." a tall man, whom I recognized as Jack said, standing extremely close to Melinda stated.

"Yes. I agree, but it is possible to work together. Jack and I have made it work!" Melinda spoke while the tall man wrapped his arm around her.

As I look at the close proximity of the love-birds, I realize how perfect they are for each other. Just two band managers wanting the best for their mates.

"But, we don't have any songs written!" Erin spoke up for the band.

I nodded readily, agreeing through confusion.

"It's ok! One Directions writing crew wrote this!" Melinda beamed.

I screwed my eyebrows up. I hated pre-written songs.

"We will give you guys a two hour break. Talk it over. Meet us here, and we will go from there." Jack claps crisply.

"Aye aye captain!" Louis jokingly replied.

With that, the two suit-matching lovers turned and left us.

"So two hours. Who wants some burgers?" Niall asked.

-----

"Yeah, that's all."

I stare, totally engrossed in the way Harry's words fly so effortlessly off his tongue. I study his side profile and admire his sharp jawline with a few specks of stumble. Before I even know it, a smile graces across his lips. Quickly he turns his head, leaning towards me to bump noises.

"Whatcha looking at?" He muses just brushing his lips against mine.

"You." I smile before pressing my lips to his warm lips quickly.

The waitress clears her throat interrupting my cute couple moment with Harry.

"Be out in a few minutes!" She said and walked away but not before checking out Harry not so subtly.

Pet peeve number 1: When Harry is around me, I can constantly feel the eyes on him. They are everywhere and I can't take it.

"Well, she thinks you hot." I jealously huff under my breath.

"What?" Harry said as he sipped his ice water.

"It's nothing."

"Ela, when you lie, your bottom lip puffs out like a little cheesy puff. What's up?" He questioned me as he leaned forward again.

How does he know that? When I was younger and tried to lie, my parents said the same thing. That fact that he actually noticed that flatters me.

"Oh it's just that everyone stares at you." I told him.

Instead of the typical argument, Harry let out a gut busting laughter. To be honest, I'm slightly offended. Was he laughing at me?

"Ela, please tell me you're joking."Harry said in between laughing.

"No, actually. I'm being very honest." I crossed my arms for more of an effect.

"Ela, I'm in a pop band! People are going to stare! You should know that! Hell your on the top ten most famous celebrities!"

I didn't even think of that.

"Here's another thing. When people look at me, I don't notice. Especially, when I'm with you. I know people are staring, but that doesn't matter because I have a beautiful girl next to me. That's why people are looking." he took my hands in his. "They look at me and say 'Wow! How was Harry the lucky guy who gets Ela? Sometimes I think that too. But I don't even care because I know you're mine." Harry leaned over and kissed my bottom lip ever so slightly.

"Plus, you got a bangin' body and skills in the sheets." he whispered as his lips moved from my lips to my cheek to nibbling on my ear.

I felt the heat on my face radiating at his comment.

"Harry! Not here!" I whacked him on the shoulder, smirking over at him.

"Alright. Later then?" he said and leaned away.

"Later then." My smirk grew as I replied.

"Promise?" he leaned back over to me minimizing the gap between us.

"Promise." I whispered before he took his right hand and traced my lip with his thumb.

"Basically, Let's be honest. This song could be kick-ass. Actually, it will be." Zayn stated, interrupting Harry and I again.

Although I knew it was probably right, it doesn't stop the hesitation from bubbling up again.

"I want to do it, but just with all these new rumors, the last thing we need is a bunch of publicity scandals." I had to come right out and say it.

I feel bad for all the fans sorta. It's like we are intentionally shoving our relationship down their throat.

We literally just finished a press conference an hour ago.

I'm sure the rumors are still surfacing. We don't need more about our bands to add to the pot. Actually, I know I can't add more. Stressful as it is, I don't need more hate.

"Well if Ela's not into it, I'm out too.We will just-" Harry tried to say but was stopped.

"Hell yeah we want to record a song!" Erin abruptly cut off Harry's nonsense rambling.

I snuck my arm under and around Harry's arm before resting my head on his shoulder and sighing.

"I am up for it!" Maura yelled.

"You bet I am!" Lauren cheered.

Alexa and I shared a glance with each other. At least someone was on the same page with me.

"I'm down for it. On one condition. We work as a team, and we work damn hard. Because this will be awesome. But mainly, we keep the dating and working separate. Deal?"

Alexa proposed.

"Deal." everyone agreed.

"Ela?" Liam questioned me as the groups eyes states glued in my reaction.

I picked my nails as all eyes pierced through me.

"Hey, if you don't want to, it's fine baby. But on the other hand, it might be fun. We could try it out." Harry gently coaxed in my ear after leaving a gentle kiss on my forehead.

The feeling of actually having a comfort source now made my spirits lift. Usually I would look to my band for advice. Now, I had Harry.

I took a look back around at everyone's hopeful eyes.

"Okay, I'm in."

I knew for Harry and I it would be hard separating work from play, but we will just have to deal with it. It can't be that hard. Right?

Liam clapped his hands as he smiled over at me.

"Perfect! Let's get to work."