Thirty-seven

"The only disappointment was actually thinking we could have a working relationship together!"

Ela's pov

"Hey babe. Ready for some lunch?"

He said holding out his hand for me to grab.

But I couldn't bring myself to grab it. Thoughts of him confiding in Alexa were taking over my senses and slowly but surely driving me crazy.

Is this the pattern we were going to constantly have? We can barely go a couple days without fighting!

"I'm not hungry." I spat out like a two year old.

His hand faltered a bit and he slowly retracted it back to his side. His faced showed that he was taken aback by my slight outburst, but quickly he masked it.

"Oh alright. Well, uhm, we could do something else. " he said, tripping over his words. Any other time I would find his embarrassment endearing and cute. But my anger blinded me from seeing anything other than red.

"No thanks. I think I'll just head home." I said rising from my position on the couch. Normally I would find comfort in his tall height. I would bury my head in the crook of his neck. But now, his height loomed over me, sending chills down my spine.

"Ela, what's wrong?" He sternly demanded.

"Nothing."

He rolled his eyes. He was starting to get angry now.

"You're upset. Tell me what I can do to fix it." He pleaded stepping forward.

I took a step back. The instant I did his face contorted in annoyance and hurt.

"Well go talk to Alexa about it." I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as realization overtook his features.

"I knew this was about the stupid fucking song! Ela, I wanted to do the part with you! But come on, you saw how it wasn't working! I would much rather sing the part with my girlfriend than my girlfriend's best friend!" He threw his hands up in defiance.

"In not upset about the song Harry! I'm upset that you felt, feel, the need to talk to someone else if something's bugging you. I'm your girlfriend Harry. If your upset about something you should come and talk to me!" I yelled matching his tone.

"I didn't want to disappoint you Ela!" He threw back twice as fast.

I scoffed. "Disappointment me? With what? The only disappointment was actually thinking we could have a working relationship together!"

I knew I was crossing the line. I knew I was blowing this way out of proportion. I knew I was hurting not only Harry, but myself as well. He knew it too.

"Stop Ela. You fight mean. Stop before you say something you'll regret." He warned me like a child. I lost it there.

"Me? You're the one who goes running to someone else when you face a situation you don't want to deal with. When you don't get something you want, you throw a tantrum like a toddler, and your blaming your inability to communicate in the fact that I 'fight mean'?" I laughed in his face.

"Ela? Why are you screaming?"

I rolled my eyes at the intruder.

"Well great! Alexa here to save the day again!" I clapped and looked over to see a confused Alexa.

"He's all yours." I told Alexa as I signaled towards Harry.

Quickly I grabbed my coat off the chair and took off towards the exit.

After exiting the room, I made it halfway through the parking garage before my anger turned into hurt. Why didn't Harry trust me? Why couldn't he talk to me? Did he think I was too much of a screw up to come and ask for advice? He wouldn't be the only one..

Did he think my voice sounded awful while recording? Does he think I'm a bad singer period? My never ending stream of questions halted at the sound of my name.

"Ela! Ela!" He roared, his voice echoing off the walls of the garage.

"WHAT!" I yelled back even louder. Tears streamed down my face. I chocked back a scoff as the hot liquid coated my checks like a layer of sweat. I couldn't contain the off-the-wall emotions anymore.

"Don't you dare pull a fucking stunt like that again. You know I don't have feelings for Alexa!" He was angry. Really angry. You could hear it in his tone of voice. You could see it in his stance.

As I turned to him, face steamed with tears and red hot cheeks from my distraught nature, I caught eye contact with the boy who had my heart.

Upon seeing my tears, his composure softened immediately.

"Ela." he sighed, closing his eyes and sighing briefly.

I hiccuped, the echoing of it startling me, and causing me to jump. I didn't move when he cautiously took steps towards me. When his arms encased around me I slowly started to feel my hard composure slip away.

Hesitantly I reciprocated his actions and wrapped my arms around his torso.

We stood in silence, both calming down. I could almost feel the anger slipping away from my body surprising myself. With him, I couldn't hold a grudge.

"I don't like fighting with you." He spoke. I could feel his chin rest against the top of my head as he sighed.

"I don't like fighting with you either."

I guilty admitted.

"It was my fault. I should've talked to you first." He slowly sewed his words together.

"No, don't apologize. It was my fault. I should've talked to you about it first instead of just blowing up about it." My voice sounded raw from the tears and screaming that had just taken place prior.

I jumped as I heard scuffling in the background. Without realizing it I had sunk deeper into Harry's grip for protection against the foreign intruder.

I watched as Harry's gaze scanned the perimeter. After a moment he seemed to find the source. "It's security. Just checking up on us probably."

"Sometimes I wish it was just you and me." I admittedly as I gripped his tshirt. After a long day, the constant feeling of someone watching you got old quickly.

"Me too." He sighed into my hair.

"Someone is always watching us Harry." I whined like a five year old.

"I know baby, I know."

Not knowing what else to say I buried my head back into his embrace. He slowly rubbed my back, taking away all the anger as he did so.

"I just didn't want to disappoint you, Ela. I just want to make you happy." He whispered.

My stomach burst with butterflies.

"You do make me happy Harry."

I smiled up at him. "And you could never disappoint me."

His shoulders relaxed as his smile grew. He pecked my forehead before taking his thumb and swiping it gently across my cheek.

Again I heard scuffling in the background. This time though, it was only our bands.

"Thank god. Ela's done with her temper tantrum. Now we can go get food!" Maura roared as she approached us. Knowing she didn't mean any harm by her choice of words, I rolled my eyes, grabbing Harry's outstretched hand.

"Hey babe. You ready for some lunch?" He questioned smirking. I laughed at his pun before answering back the way I should've before this whole fight happened.

"Starving. Let's go."