Twenty-Nine

"What was he implying?"

Alexa's POV

Walking the red carpet (Well in this case the white carpet) is always a new experience.

The plush rug that stretches from the door of the limo seems to be miles long. The entrance door to the arena seems like a mini Barbie door from where I'm standing.

Many times it's nerve racking for me to face all these people. But it helps to know that my best friends are right by my side.

Except for Ela of course. And I must admit, I did miss her. You could tell that something was off on our group without her. But for one night, we could manage.

Cameras flash in every direction almost making it hard to see the people right next to me, but remembering Melinda's words, I know I'm not supposed to show my struggle.

It was probably my millionth different pose in front of the camera and my smile was so big it hurt. The walk seemed like it would never end, but thankfully we could relax as we approached the entrance. Another publicity moment down. I sighed in relief.

The girls and I survived the long journey down that MTV white carpet with ease. Even though we have done this too many times to count, it always feels like an accomplishment to get through it without any stumbles.

"So, who do you think is going to be around us?" Mara casually asks me as we wait for the show to start.

Since we are early, we look around to scope out who will be sitting with us. Thankfully, we are on an end of a row. We don't have to deal with many people this way.

To the right of us, is Becky G and anyone she brings. To the front of us is, Jennifer Lawrence and the cast of the Hunger Games. We are all swooning over that seating choice. We all love Liam Hemsworth. Behind us is-

"Well, isn't it a coincidence to see you guys here?" Just coming up the aisle is the one and only, One Direction.

Louis led the pack with a smile beaming right at Erin.

"It seems like MTV knows us very well. Don't ya think?" he says as he sits behind Erin and squeezes her shoulders.

"I am glad they put is next to each other!" Lauren beamed as she wrapped her arms around Liam's neck.

"Geez. You'd think we haven't seen each other in weeks." I hear someone whisper into my ear.

I turn around and Niall is, of course, smiling his toothy grin.

"I know! How long has it been? Five minutes?" I joked with him.

"All I know is that it has been too long." he copes into my ear with a quick kiss on the cheek.

He plops down behind me, and I try to hide my growing blush.

We chatted for a little longer, attentively awaiting the award shows. We even made friends with the people around us, including Liam Hemsworth.

I was checking my watch when I noticed the seating arrangement.

"Hey, Niall. They only saved four seats for us?" I told him. He looked around and noticed the same thing.

"Yeah, all our seats are filled too. There's no seats for... Harry and Ela."

Just as we both came to the realization, A couple dressed in red and black saunter down the aisle and sit in the front row. I know as soon as I saw the blonde hair and red dress it was Ela.

"Welp, looks like the new power couple can't even sit with their friends." Niall hissed.

He was right. As a member of the band, you also have to take part in usual band things, which includes being seen with the band at public events.