Two

"I can't do that."

Ela's pov

"Thank you." I said to the particularly chipper bartender as he passed me a strawberry daiquiri.

"A bit young to be drinking eh?"

The husky voice, that might I add, ceased to leave me alone since I arrived, said close to my ear.

I eyebrowed the whiskey in his hands as we circled the large group of people conversing at this beach bash thing. In my opinion things like this usually are pretty boring.

"I could say the same to you." I said signaling to his glass. He merely chuckled and took a swig of the rich looking liquid.

"So why'd you come so late to this 'beach bash' anyway?" he said somewhat sarcastically. His watch caught the light and made my eyes linger at the dark ink etxhed on his skin.

I took a decent drink before continuing on. "Oh you know.. " I said shrugging my shoulders and taking yet another sip, which probably wasn't a good idea because I already had a couple drinks with Kendall and was already starting to feel a bit tipsy.

"Actually I don't.. Care to explain." He smirked.

Call it the alcohol or call it the fact that this beach bash was lame and I wanted someone to talk to, but either way I told Harry everything about my night and how Kendell was starting to irk me.

"Sounds like a proper dick." he said blankly.

I giggled profusely at his choice if language.

I saw the corners if his mouth turn up in a smile.

"So, why stay with him?" He questioned sitting down in one of the seats provided around a large fire on the beach. I'd been so engrossed in talking to him I hadn't realized we'd walked away from the party to a private location. Only one or two other people were seated around the fire, but nowhere close to us.

"I don't know..I guess, well at the beginning of our relationship he was someone easy to trust. I felt like he never was using me for my fame. I'm sure you know how I feel right? I mean you probably go through the same thing." I said rubbing my arms to gain some warmth. The fire just wasn't helping that much.

Harry's reaction surprised me. I watched as his plump lips turned into a frown and stared off distantly for a moment. Instead of waiting for a reply I continued on.

"But now it just feels different. Things have changed between Kendall and I, but I don't know, I've been with him for awhile now. It would be odd to think of being without him." I trailed off shivering yet again.

"End it with him now, make it easier on everyone here. Just call its quits." He said shrugging off his jacket.

I wrinkled my face up.

"I can't do that. Kendall loves me, it would break his heart"

I glanced over to see Harry putting his warm jacket over my shoulders. His scent was intoxicating and I snuggled into the warmth immediately.

"Harry you don't have to-" I said referring to his jacket.

He merely smiled and ignored me as he continued speaking.

"I wouldn't trust Kendall around a special girl like you.'

I could feel his whiskey breath coming closer to my face, and the rhythm of his breaths became so familiar instantly. As I started to lean closer to perfect bone structure, I was sure it was the alcohol doing these things to me, but I can't say I minded that much either.

His lips were a few inches away. He was hesitant, and so was I. We were going to kis-

"ELAAAA!!! GIRL. COME PLAY BEERRR PONG WITH ME AND ZAYNIE!" Maura interrupted us. She was stumbling across the beach, wrapped around Zayn's hip, and definitely intoxicated.

I knew the only way to keep myself from getting in more trouble with Kendall was to leave Harry and play with her; however, something was telling me to stay by the warm fire.

Ignoring the feeling, I tossed Harry's jacket back to him saying, "Come on Harry. Let's go play with them."

***

Alexa's pov

"What?" I said grinning over at Niall with a face full of hotdog.

He merely grinned wider and shook his head smiling.

"A girl with an appetite.." He mumbled to himself smiling at the sky. I immediately turned a deep shade of red at Niall's mumbling.

"So Alexa," Niall said before taking a sip of his beer. I watched as he elegantly swallowed the liquid in one chug, then set the bottle down in between his feet. Looking back up to his face I didn't realize how close we were sitting together. I certainly didn't mind.

"What's it like being in the top girl band in the world?" He mused.

"A lot like being in the world's biggest boy band, I presume." I smiled, elbowing his side playfully.

"Oof." he pretended to sneer once my elbow touched his side. I giggled at his humorous side.

"I watched your videos diaries.. The Story of Baseline." he said chuckling as he turned a bit pink.

"And?" I questioned pressing for more details.

"And you were always, and still are might I add, my favorite. Small town girl, determined to be famous, funny, clever, outgoing, and pretty..." Niall trailed off this time turning even pinker.

My heart fluttered as he spoke every word. I hoped and prayed that it wasn't the alcohol speaking for Niall, and that he actually meant what he just said.

"Well, thank you, and I might add I watched One Directions video diaries as well.."

"And?" He questioned mimicking me.

"And I didn't really have a favorite to be honest.." I said smirking. His reaction was priceless. I watched as his face twisted into shock and embarrassment. I stopped him with my giggling.

"I'm just joking! You were actually always my favorite too." I said more seriously as I felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

I couldn't handle all this blushing. It's safe to say a crush has definetly developed on Niall.

"This is the part where you tell me why I'm your favorite.. Go on.. Handsome, sexy, talented.." he joked as I bluntly laughed.

"Well-" I started but I stopped as I heard a prominent voice start cheering. In fact, I recognized pretty much all the voices.

"Beer pong!!" Ela screeched along with Maura, one of my other band mates.

"Aw shit." I groaned.

"What's wrong?" Niall questioned next to me.

"Ela and Maura are playing beer bong. Those two together creates chaos. I guarantee you they're going get drunk. Especially Ela.."

And nothing good happens when she's drunk. Ever.