Forty-eight

"Please don't doubt this."

Ela's POV

My fingers wouldn't stop shaking as I grasp the phone from Alexa. The phone slipped a few inches out of my hand from my repulsively sweaty palms.

"Come on, Ela. It's just Harry!" Alexa
pressured me.

And she's right. It is just Harry. My fear though was if he still was my Harry.

I slowly raised the phone to my ear preparing to her the voice I have craved to hear.

"Hello?" My voice was hoarse and timid.

"Ela?" His voice ruptured inside like a spaceship ready for liftoff.

He made my heart swell even with as something as simple as my name. The way he has come to say my name is the music to my ears.

"Uhm.. Hi. Hi, Harry." I was at a lost of words every time it was my turn to speak. I cringed at how terribly bashful I sounded.

"So. How's Japan?" Harry trying to be normal started the conversational for me.

I completely overlooked my residence in Japan when I picked up the phone. I felt like I was in our penthouse having another late night call with Harry talking about anything that came to mind.

"It is good. We haven't done much yet." I replied unsure of every simple word that came fluttering out.

"Well, I hope it becomes more interesting," he chuckled lightning the tautness.

"Yeah. Melinda has a lot planned."

Why are we talking about our plans for Japan? I am constantly awaiting the upbringing of the fight we had before leaving.

"I am glad you are going to be busy." He voice quieted just enough for me to notice. "Don't miss me too much." he gestured with comedic relief but also the solid truth.

"I don't know if that is possible." I uttered into the receiver. I felt my cheeks heat up in an intense flame.

I felt like a mouse creeping around a house's boundaries waiting to be discovered.

"Ela, I already miss you so much. I don't know if you could ever compete with these feeling." Harry choked out.

Knowing he was missing me, made my heart erupt. It made my stomach swell, and it made me smile.

"Harry." I didn't know how to acknowledge his confession.

There was a deep sigh on the other end, but my thoughts were tangled. I couldn't think coherently.

"Ela, I can't keep this in any longer. I am unbelievably sorry for how everything went down before you left." he dismally apologized.

"It was supposed to be a perfect date and moment and just," he paused swallowing thickly. My mind wandered off to the picture of him tucked away away from prying ears to just talk to me. "But so many things went wrong. I can thoroughly blame it all on me." he professed.

The was a lie. Both sides of us had a part in this blowup. It wasn't just him.

"Harry-"

"Ela, let me speak. Countless times I walked to the door of your, penthouse waiting to solve everything, and pull you back into my arms, but I never had the courage to knock. I turned around waiting for you to come after me.

But I realized that I'm not waiting anymore. I want to show you how much you mean to me without you having to take the first step or Alexa's wisdom. I want to show you with my own willingness.

I made that decision the day your plane left. I ran to the airport to catch you, but you slipped out of my hands like the day of the fight.

I am no longer going to just let you go because I don't know what to say. I am going to keep you back even if I'm speaking gibberish. You mean the world to me." Harry preached, out of breath after revealing all his feelings to me.

While he was struggling to grasp for air, so was I. He left me breathless. He left me speechless.

"You don't have to say anything now, but when you get back, I want this solved. I want you." Harry finished his prolonging profession.

With all the new information I attained from him, I can barely function, let alone share my thoughts.

"Yeah, we need to fix this." I solemnly agreed because that is the only thing I could do.

"The boys are calling for me. I have to go, but please promise me you will stay beautiful and you while in Japan. I don't want you any other way." Harry asked with such sincerity.

And there he goes. I swear no one in my life will ever make me feel the way he does. He knows me. Its scary how much he knows me. He knows my fears and he knows my worries and every single anxiety. The fact that he wants me for me just makes this all the more unbelievable. Fairy tale like. Dream come true.

"I will try my hardest," I giggled.

"One more thing, Ela," Harry trailed off.

I'm waited on the phone for him to finish his previous statement. I waiting there for an eternity before he continued.

"Ela, I.. Can't wait to see you."

I awaited for him to say the three magic words, but instead, the phone filled with the worst creation of all, silence.

And that happy ball on that put me in cloud nine shriveled just a tad.

My fingers scratched against my jeans in apprehension as I heard his name being called in the background. And I know in was being selfish, but I didn't want him to go yet. I still wanted his voice next to my ear. And this knowing though tugging slat my brain needed to be said now.

"Okay El-" he started, goodbye thick in his tone but I stopped him.

"You don't have to say it. Harry. If you don't want to then honestly I get it-"

"Whoa wait-"

My eyes cringed as his presence was demanded more harshly this time.

"Just- if you regret saying it or feel like you have to I really dont.." I trailed off feeling ashamed as all.

"Fuck Ela I fucked this whole thing up." He voice sounded so strained and anger was seeping through presently. "I'm coming!" He sounded so annoyed at whoever was summoning him. "Ela I meant it. I mean it. Every word. And I'm going to prove that to you. Please baby, please don't doubt this."

My fingers tapped across that glass in front of me showing all of Japan in front of me.

"Okay?" Hr whispered so softly, so gently.

I nodded.

"Yeah, okay"