Thirty-two

"So you've heard the drama?"

Ela's pov

"Oh. Okay but-" I pressed further. This whole ordeal was a bit suspicious.

"It's nothing." He cut me off with a stern, agitated voice.

I don't see why he has to be so mad and take this out on me. The were all talking about me out there anyway.

"Well obviously it's something." This time I stopped him from going any further. We were two feet away from the bed, but I didn't have any plans of crawling back in.

"Let's talk about it later, when we wake up." he sighed grabbing the blanket off the bed. He sighed again before lifting the covers and signaled me to get in.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" I crossed my arms, suddenly feeling anxious.

"Ela. Mr.Gree wanted to make sure we knew the publicity was going to be all over us for going to the awards yesterday separately. That's all. Excatly what we told you out there." he pointed to his door.

"This early in the morning though?"

He gripped the blanket tighter as he sighed quicker before speaking.

"He wanted to make sure we didn't go anywhere without knowing about all the speculation."

I slowly sewed his words together.

"Oh, well we can handle it. Right?" I questioned timidly.

"Of course we can. We have each other now. So, can we go back to bed?"

With his reassuring words and comforting smile, I knew trusting him was all I ever wanted. So I crawled back into bed.

***

Alexa's pov

I couldn't sleep.

My head was swirling about so many thoughts and I just couldn't stop them.

Having enough of laying in my comfortable, capacious, bed, I dragged my body to the kitchen. Cereal felt like a decent thing to eat at this time of morning, 4 a:m that is.

I trudged over to the couch and flicked it on to E News. I was curious to see what they thought about the events of tonight.

I hoped to see a recap of the award show and was pleasantly suprised to find it was on. I waited as they talked about the guest celebrities.

Finally, I heard us mentioned.

"...And even though these two bands had nothing to do with movies, they seemed to have stolen the whole Movie Awards show. Baseline and One Direction made an appearance at the award show. However, not together. We were shocked when Harry and Ela seemed to have ditched their bands completely to show up together. The couple looked absolutly stunning as they made their first public appearance together. Ela, wearing a hot red dress showing off every curve in a might I say, classy manner, while Harry matched her in his typical fashion we all know and love. "

Plastered on the screen was a picture of Harry and Ela walking the carpet. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile at how happy they looked. Once again my attention was caught back to the television. This time, concerning me.

"And that's not all folks. If your worried about Ela leaving the band then you should also be worried about Alexa leaving too! I know! Hold back the tears out there. In interviews we all know the girls have said Alexa to be the glue that holds them all together. Well, it seems to be that glue is melting away."

I scoffed at the rumors on television. None of it was true. But at the same time, I couldn't blame them for wondering this all.

"Alexa appeared away from the band as well when she and the hot Cody Simspon presented the award for best kiss. The two seemed to have chemistry up there on stage. We all know Alexa and Niall seem to be an item now too. One can only wonder where this can lead..."

Listening to this was enough to make me exhausted. Thousands of questions were going to be aimed at us.

"Alexa!"

I screamed, spilling my cereal over the front if me.

"Melinda? What the crap?" I screeched.

"I have a key Alexa!" She crossed her arms annoyed at my outburst.

"So? Knocking would be nice!" I slammed the cereal bowel down in front of me on the cherry coffee table.

"So you've heard the drama?" She said pointing to the television.

"Yeah. I've seen it." I scoffed.

Melinda's wide smile was not surprising. She loved when our names were out in the public like this.

"Exactly as we planned. Not even our award show and we took over!" She clapped her hands together, smiling even wider at the television.

I merely shook my head, too exhausted to fight with her.

"What are you doing her at-" I paused and looked at the clock on the wall. 7 a:m already. I see I got sucked into the mindless television for quite awhile.

"Here to wake you all up. We have press issues we all need to discuss!" She screeched.

"So do you guys remember Mr.Gree?"

I screamed at the new voice.

"Ela! What the crap! When did you get here?" I screeched yet again.

"I have a key?" She raised her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at the familiar conversation.

"What do you mean, 'just got in'?" Melinda crossed her arms and looked at the suddenly guilty looking Ela.

I turned my gaze, amused, as I watched Ela squirm.

"Whatever ok? I spent the night at Harry's and this morning Mr. Gree, from our management team, comes in and starts yelling at all the boys. It woke me up so I went out to see what the fuss was about and no one would tell me anything except that Mr. Gree was worried that I was ok about all the rumors that were going on about us. Suspicious right? Do you know anything about this Melinda?"

Melinda looked confused.

"No, nothing. I haven't talked to the management team lately though. But that's off, Mr.Gree didn't even call me, and I'm the leader of management?" She continued on.

"It sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. But Harry seemed annoyed and I didn't want to start anymore drama so I let it go." Ela sighed.

"I'm sure Mr.Gree was just looking out for you girls. Or wanted a raise. Either way it's probably nothing to worry about." Melinda said putting the situation at hand to end.

"What are you doing back so early?" I questioned, stumped.

"Well I was going to go back to bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. And uhm, well I was trying to make sure Melinda didn't find out about my 'sleepover'. But too late." She shrugged her shoulders.

"You girls will be the death of me." Melinda shook her head. "Come on, get everyone up. We have things to discuss!"