Twenty-Three

"I wouldn't believe a single word of it."

Alexa's POV

It wasn't the fact that I was going alone on stage. It was the fact that Ela didn't tell any of us about Harry and didn't even stick up for our band.

I know there's going to be times when we will split up to do a quick thing alone, but our relationships with the guys just started. I just feel like we are speeding into this too quickly. And of course, we never get a say.

I didn't even care to listen to anything else because I can only handle so much of Melinda. By the time I got home, the other girls were already out on the beach. With the Mick situation and now this whole award debacle, I really want to relax at home.

However, I do call Niall. I mean, I didn't say I wanted to be alone. And lately I've found his presence to make me feel better. Lighter almost.

After clearing a few things up, Niall was at our condo in 10 minutes flat. Perks to living in LA, the suites are close.

"Hey, lovely. How are you?" Niall asks with a quick twirl and kiss on the cheek.

"Alright!" I said as I went back to mixing the cookie mix that I currently was working on.

Niall knew as soon as I said "alright" something was wrong.

"Come on, Al." He propped on the counter next to me.

I just didn't want to tell him about Mick. I know a few days ago Niall didn't care about Mick and I's kiss, but it still is a touchy subject for me. I feel like these random encounters with him will upset Niall.

"It's just I saw Mick today. He had a blue eye, and he was very dismissive towards me. I don't know. I'm worried about him when I know I shouldn't be. Lately, he has been his typical rude self. Sometimes he just upsets me." I gush as I give up stirring the batter.

When look up at him, Niall's jaw has immediately tightened and his face is a little brighter red. As I waited for a response, his exposure started to soften.

"Well, don't let that idiot bother you! He is not worth it. Believe me." Niall soothed me with a quick brush of the cheek.

Believe me. And I did.

Since I already got Mick out of the way, I told him all about the award show dilemma, but he already knew about it.

"Yeah! Jack, our manager, talked with Harry about that too! Our managers can't seem to stop talking to each other! It's kind of gross when you think about it." He laughed at the thought of Melinda and Jack in cahoots.

"I guess you're right."

"You know what else I'm right about? You deserve to be tickled."

Before I could protest, Niall scooped me up over his shoulder and threw me on the couch. He then started his tickling assault.

As he reached all my sensitive spots, my stomach became so hard from laughing. Tears were even forming in my eyes. The combination of Niall's laugh and his ticklish fingers could make any girl crack up.

After an eternity of giggles, Niall finally stopped and hovered above me.

"Your smile is so beautiful, Alexa."

He started to lean down for a kiss, but I swooped out from under and tackled him.

This time I was above him. Grabbing his arms, I pinned his hands to the ground.

Squeezing his hands above me, my smile widened but stopped when I heard him cry out.

"Ow!" Niall yelped and slightly winced, but then he recovered and put on a pained smile.

"You okay, Niall?"

"Yeah! I'm fine."

But as I raised his hands, I noticed his problem. There were tiny inflamed areas around his knuckles, and blood slowly trickled out.

"Your hands! Niall!"

I got off of him and slowly examined his injured hands.

"I swear! I'm okay, Alexa!"

I wouldn't believe a single word of it. I wrenched him off the ground and pulled him towards the sink to rinse his wounds.

As I turned both of his palms underneath the running water, the blood start to rinse off but something else did as well.

My sink started to fill up with a beige-colored water. It almost looked like make-up.

"Wait Niall. Why did you have makeup on your knuckles?"

His eyes lost that usual light and became grimaced.

I flipped his hands over, and there were scabs and fresh cuts all over his knuckles. They weren't injuries that just happened. They were ones that happened a few days ago...

I rolled up his sleeve farther I noticed bruises among his wrist and arms.

Niall was in a fight. The victim obviously got some digs on Niall. And clearly, Niall's knuckles showed he had some bruises..

"Wait. These are from a few days ago. Plus these bruises are new. You were in a fight, and you were trying to hide it from me? Why?"

Niall became flustered and started to dry his hands on his pants. "It's nothing! I'm okay, Alexa. Believe me."

However, this time I didn't believe him.

"Niall, you got in a-"

Suddenly, it all made sense. He was hiding these wounds from me. He had gotten some punches in.

"Niall, why did you fight Mick?"