Seventy-eight

"Go."

And he did.

Alexa's pov

"I swear to god Cody you throw one more marshmallow and it's going up your-"

"ASS!" Maura screeched interrupting Ela from whatever she was going to say.

Cody only snickered and went to grab a marshmallow.

Through the dressing room mirror Ela's eyes zoomed in on Cody. This seemed to be the preshow routine. Cody somehow ended up hanging out with us in our dressing room as assistants and backstage crew zoomed every which direction. It also so happened that every time Cody seemed to somehow anger Ela.

"That's it!" Ela screeched and jumped from her makeup chair. Ela's stylist, Macy, jumped back in surprise holding a curling iron as a weapon.

I watched in amusement as Ela lurched for Cody.

"No! Take her! She's weak!"

Cody pointed at me.

"Hey!" I laughed furrowing my eyebrows.

All in one swift motion I was grabbed and pressed against Cody's front as a blockade from Ela.

"Cody!" Ela and I both screeched laughing hysterically as I was used as a human shield.

I was laughing so hard watching Ela stumble back and forth as Macy clinged on to her curling iron and Maura cheered Cody on as she watched from her makeup mirror.

"Are we interrupting something?"

And then I froze. I knew that voice anywhere. And knowing the voice, meant I could tell he was angry.

Cody slowly released me and everyone tensed as we turned to find Harry, Niall, and Heather suddenly in our dressing room.

The tension was palpable and suddenly that happy giddy feeling was replaced by an urge to throw up. Things were left badly with Niall yesterday.

It was Lauren of all people to speak up. "Boys! Hey.." She looked at Harry and Niall as if they just caught us doing something illegal.

"We came to support you and all." Niall spoje.

"Support us? No thank you. We don't need any more fake shit in our lives." Maura rolled her eyes before sitting back in her chair and avoiding even glancing in their direction. She was still really mad. And to be honest, I think she was just upset Zayn hadn't come with them.

Despite Niall leaving the club mad yesterday, he still gave me that stupid lovey dove feeling and I hated it but never wanted it to go away at the same time.

I released myself away from Cody and schuffled over to Niall. Taking his hands without words I distanced us from the group of people over to the empty portion of the room. Curtains surrounded us making it private.

"He is a little kid sometimes you know. Just needs to grow up is all."

"I see that you and Cody have become close. Yeah?"

I nodded. "Yeah, we have."

He bit his lips narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah. Cool."

I hummed in response. These clips of sentences were so ackward.

"He makes you laugh?"

My head fell back in confusion.