Fifty-five

"This was maddening chaos."

Alexa's pov

The large paperback book residing in my hands was screaming at me to be read, but I just couldn't bring myself to read it. I blame Niall. His never ending pacing was driving me insane. He shuffled ackwardly and nervously back and forth on the deck, stopping and turning to me every couple minutes. He'd open his mouth to say something, then decided against it and return to pacing.

I let this go on for awhile, giving him time to spit out whatever he was going to say, but I couldn't wait any longer.

"Niall, what are you doing?"

I tossed the book aside and leaned back on the lounge chair.

"Nothing." He said all too fast.

I scrunched my face up.

"You've been pacing for a good fifteen minutes now, what's the issue?"

He shuffled his weight on his feet back and forth looking anywhere but me for a couple minutes untill he blurted out a speech.

"I have an idea, but it's so stupid and you're probably going to hate it but what the hell."

I shook my head.

"You are the biggest drama queen I've ever met, you know that? Name one idea, date, whatever you call it, you've taken me on that I've hated?"

He pondered for a moment before breaking out into a huge grin.

"Okay okay, you're right."

"Yeah I know." I beamed up at him.

"Yeah I know. I'm Alexa and I know everything." He mimicked me as he leaned over the chair to peck my lips.

"Hah hah, very funny." I whispered as his face rested right in front of mine.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered so cutely.

"You just kinda did." I smirked over at him.

His face tinted with specks of pink.

"Can I kiss you, again?" He batted his lashes playfully.

"Yes."

Warm lips wasted no time lingering as they pressed against mine.

His hand came to rest upon my cheek so gently.

"So, what's this idea?"

Niall took a small breath before sitting down next to me on the long lounge chair. The hand that once rested against my cheek was placed on my knee mindlessly. Giving him confidence to go on, I placed my hand over his and smiled up at him.

"So I was just thinking. I do that a lot. Well sometimes." He smiled, turning his face to mine breifly before facing it forward again.

"Alright." I mused. "So you were thinking."

"Yes. I was thinking." He continued. "That we could just type a random address in our phones on this beach vacation spot, and just you and me go to it and like, I guess check it out? Stupid?" I noticed his hand on my knee grew sweatier as he spoke. I couldn't comprehend why Niall got nervous like this sometimes. Everything he did I loved.

"Just show up to a random place and check it out?" I questioned.

"Yeah.." He mumbled blushing.

"That sounds like so much fun! Let's do it!" I quipped, pulling out my phone and going to the maps app.

"Seriously?" He quirked up.

"Yes, seriously. Niall, I have no clue why you think your ideas are stupid or why you never think I'll like them! I always do!"