Sixty-six

"You said you had a long night?"

Alexa's POV

The door quietly opened, sliding gracefully against the hardwood floor. The sound of keys being thrown into the bowel beside the door and a deep sigh was heard from none other than Ela's mouth.

That's what the routine has been now for three weeks and four days. The routine being one of the girls waiting up till unholy hours of the night, waiting for Ela to return from one of her escapades with Kendell.

It was my turn tonight and I was beyond frustrated.

"Its three am Ela." I huffed throwing the warm blanket off of my lap and rubbing the sleep from out of my eyes.

"I tell all of you the same fucking thing. Don't wait up. And I mean it. So don't get mad at me when I tell you every fucking single time-"

"Watch it Ela! God I'm so tired of your shit!"

Her expression faded to something yet again unreadable. She mastered being able to mask her emotions and now she was a hollowed out vessel.

"I'm going to bed." She huffed throwing her purse down.

"Ela do you even see yourself? You're not happy anymore. You're empty and cold and- and lonely. You live with four other girls who love you like a sister and you treat them like annoying groupies! Do you see any of this?"

"No."

"Come on Ela! Please, I'm begging you, come out of this shell. You know Kendell doesn't love you."

"I wouldn't know if he really does or doesn't Alexa."

"Just because he said he was sorry doesn't mean he actually is. He's a jerk and doesn't deserve you."

"Well I've never actually gotten to feel what love is like so lay off Kendell and maybe I can have a chance."

I scoffed in disbelief. "You can't be serious?" I wanted to scream and throw the coffee table beside me right at Elas face. I couldn't take her pity parties anymore. "Ela! Come back here! This conversation isn't over!" I desperately tried getting her to listen but too late. She was already halfway down the hall and seconds later the sound of her door slamming shut was heard.

Count to ten and take a deep breath. I breathed a deep sigh, trying to calm myself down but this was shit and I was done letting Ela act like this.

"Ela Cunningham open this freaking door right now!" I shouted till my throat felt raw.

"What the hell is going on?" Maura emerged drugged from sleep. Her wild hair poking in every direction almost made me laugh. Almost but not enough to stop the seething anger boiling from my  body.

"Ela is what's going on!" I screamed purposely through the doorframe.

"Its three am! Can we do this later?" She yawned.

"No we can't. I can't live like this anymore. Not with Ela ruining herself."

All of a sudden a burst of air hit my face. I turned to see Ela's door actually opened. Ela was nowhere in sight.

"Do you want me to help?"

I turned back to Maura. "No. I think I got this."

Maura nodded her head in approval and shut her bedroom leaving me in an open doorframe and a brooding Ela somewhere in her room.

I felt like I was entering a crime scene as I entered Elas confines. Everything was haphazardly thrown in every direction. No wonder why too. When Ela was upset, nothing in her life was organized. Nothing.