Eighty-one

"Holy shit. What?"

Ela's pov

Another interview.

They all meshed into one after awhile.

We were five months into the tour. We had two left until we were done. We had three weeks until Melinda and Jack's wedding.

The schedule was always busy and was always packed. I didn't have a moment to stop for air or even enjoy the beautiful sights of all the places we've traveled. It was all so frustrating. At the same time though, the shows and the fans made it all worth it. Up on stage, it melted away. It was these types of press interviews that made my head hurt. That and not having talk to Harry in so so long.

I zoned back in when I noticed Shelly, the interviewer, keep trying to make eye contact with me. I caught on to the last clip of the conversation.

"Baseline the magazine has reached the same standings of Vogue. That's outrageous ladies. Do you take part in any of the activities or articles that go into that? Ela?"

Thanks god I zoned in at the right time. "We actually don't have that much of a part in the magazine suprisenly. Occasionally we meet with some team members and give them some special insider info..But its amazing to us how little we are actually involved in it personally and how large of a success it has become."

Nailed it.

Alexa smiled over at me proudly. I was getting better at these interviews. A month ago I could barely speak when they questioned me. My depression was ill consuming. I fought it hard with the help of my band members and my family. Which was different but good.

"That's amazing. We noticed they convered a huge scandal that broke out a little ago. A positive scandal but still a scandal. Tell us about the charity money."

I still was irked about the charity money. It was no longer our special secret.

"What about it?" Maura snapped. Yeah she was still bitter as crap about a lot of things.

Zayn and her were still rocky. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get a handle back on things. She was angry. More than usual.

The interviewer was taken aback, but everyone knew Maura's hostility, so she continued.

"How long have you been donating to selective charities under false names to avoid press?"

Alexa piped up. "Ever since we made enough to give back. Which was about nine months after we became known and famous."

"How did you decide who to give the money too?"

Alexa was prepared. "It was different every time. We tried to divide it up evenly. Basically we just researched different charities and gave to ones that we felt could really use the money."

Shelly plastered on a phony smile. "How much?"

I coughed. That was pushing it.
"Two bucks. They can go crazy with that much." Maura spat put her words like poison towards Shelly. Shelly faked laughed like no one's business. I decided to give Alexa a break from the constant stepping in and fixing things.

"We'd like to keep that private actually. Can't give away all our secrets now can we?"

I didn't even know myself sometimes. My voice didn't even sound like my own as I spoke.

"Of course! Sure! Ela, while I have you-"

Oh no. No. Please no. Don't ask.

"What's the status with you and Harry Styles?"