Thirty-One

"This whole thing needs to be stopped now, before things get out of hand completely."

Ela's pov

"Well the wait was worth it." He breathed out turning to face me on his large plush bed.

I smiled over at his slightly sweaty appearance and mop of curls taking over his features. My stomached flipped at the thought of me being the cause.

"Come over here." He stretched his arm over to my side and gently brought me into his chest.

"You smell like sex." I blurted into his chest giggling.

"Correction baby, we smell like sex." His voice dropped an octave, sending chills down my spine. Embarrassed at the conversation, I hid my face further into the crook of his neck.

I felt myself getting sleepier as his hand gently swept across my bare back.

"What have you done to me Ela Cunningham?" He hushed quietly next to my ear.

"Hmm..and what do you mean by that." I matched his tone and actions by tracing the tattoo under his right peck, my favorite one.

"In a matter of a month, I went to seeing you at award shows and on magazines, to spending every moment I can get with you. "

I processed his words silently. The same thing happened to me.

"I just want you to know that, Ela, this is totally one-hundred percent real for me. Every bit of it." As his reassuring words filled my thoughts, his long fingers went to my chin. He gently forced my gaze to lock eyes with his.

"Ever since that day, where we all ran into each other at the photo-shoot, then went to that restaurant, I've known it was real."

Harry seemed to make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. How was it that I could have it all? The job, the friends, the boyfriend.

Leaning in, he gently pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was different than the previous heated and rushed ones we had just shared. In fact, it was different than any others we've ever shared before. Both of us could tell this kiss was more than a kiss. It was an unspoken conversation between us, that showed we were both in this, and we both cared. Really cared.

As our lips detached, I contently sunk back into Harry's side. I don't think I've ever felt better.

"Thanks for tonight Harry." I whispered as sleep pervaded my senses.

"All for you Ela."

***

I awoke to a cold and empty bed and immediately felt disappointment. However the disappointment faded to curiosity as I heard slightly raised voices just outside Harry's bedroom.

Although I was beyond tired from lack of sleep, I decided I needed to figure out the cause of Harry's lack of presence and the shouting voices.

Flipping the blanket back, I groaned as my feet hit the unforgivingly cold hardwood flooring. My groan grew as I looked at the clock, 5:48 a:m.

What the hell is going on this early in the morning that requires Harry's attendance?

Fumbling around I managed to grab one of Harry's sweatshirt and some basketball shorts. I quickly slipped them on and took a look in the mirror to make sure I looked somewhat decent.

Swollen lips, wild curls, and a prominent love bite on my neck. Oh well.

Slowly and cautiously, I pried the door open. As soon as the door was wedged open, the voices became easier to distinguish.

I creeped further down the hallway to pick up on what was going on. Stealthily, I hid behind the wall beside me. One more step forward and I would be revealed. It wasn't that I was hiding, it's just that I didn't want to stumble blindly into whatever was going on.

"Just let me take her back. We can talk, just your managing crew and Baseline's managing crew." A somewhat familiar voice tried to keep composure. From the tone of the voice, I could tell he was seething with anger.

"No. Absolutely not. No managment. No." That voice was definitely Zany's. But what the hell were they talking about?

"Then drop this. This whole thing needs to be stopped now, before things get out of hand completely." The unfamiliar voice lashed out again.

"That whole thing is forgotten. It means nothing now. " Niall was the one to speak up now.

"You expect me to believe that just because you say it's over with, means its done? I highly doubt that. Now we can make this easy boys, honestly. Drop the matter quietly and we will keep this between us. That way the only people who have to know is Jack, you guys, and me."

The mysterious voice attempted persuasion, but however failed miserably.

"If you'd get your head out of your ass and listen to us, there wouldn't be a fucking problem here. We're not "dropping" this. We care about them and I don't need some fucking business junkie to come in and-"

I stepped out quickly before Harry could spew anymore vulgar words at the poor man.

However the courage I had just seemed to muster up was lost immediately as soon as I stepped out to see the scene of angry males all crowded in one room.

"Harry?" I squeaked timidly.

At the sound of my voice he whipped around, surprised that I was here.

"El.. What are you doing up baby? Go back to bed." He rushed swiftly striding over to my side.

"Well you weren't in bed, and I heard..shouting." I mumbled quietly as the panicked boys all intently watched me.

"What's going on?" I spoke louder, gaining some of my lost courage.

"Nothing!" Louis shouted.

"Miss Cunningham, I think it's best if you come with me."

Because Harry was blocking my view of the voice, I stepped around his shoulder.

"Mr.Gree? What are you doing here?" I asked dumbfounded.

Mr.Gree was from Baseline's management crew. He was very nice and looked after us like his own. That's why my curiosity was at an all time high. Why was he here so early in the morning? No, why was he here at One Direction's place?

"He was worried about you. He saw all the speculation about the bands' breaking up because of you two going separately to the awards and wanted to make sure you were doing alright. I think that about covers it, right Mr.Gree?" Liam's harsh tone sent goosebumps of fright all over. He meant business. I figured the boys were so deterred from the time of morning and that was the reason they were being so harsh with Mr.Gree.

"Actually-" Mr. Gree started but was interrupted.

"He wanted to make sure no trouble got started. And no lies were getting spread.Right?" Louis pressed on.

I watched as Me. Gree swallowed hard.

"Excatly." He croaked.

"Well, seeing as everything's fine, I'd say we all go back to bed. " Laim escorted Mr. Gree out before I could even say goodbye.

"Harry what was that all about?" I asked as he gently coaxed me back to his room.

"Nothing baby, no worries. Come on, let's go back to bed."