Thirty-eight

"Can I ask you something?"

Ela's pov

"Anything else for you?" The petite waitress asked.

After a quick lunch break down the road we all returned back to the recording studio to finish what we started. With all the hard work put in several hours later, we had an amazing song. Currently Niall, Alexa, Harry and I were out to dinner, properly celebrating the song success. After I calmed down, I realized that a duet with Niall wasn't too bad. I actually had some fun and we sounded great together.

The others were going to come but we didn't have enough security on such short notice, so we decided to spilt up.

"Just the check please." Niall spoke for us, smiling politely over at her.

"Okay, right away." She scurried away quickly.

"I think she was nervous to wait on us." Alexa spoke, who was seated across the spacious table from me.

"I would say so. She could barely put the plates down without shaking!" Niall chirped up from beside her.

"She was nice though. Can't blame her for being nervous." Harry joined the conversation.

I turned my head to my right, smiling over at him.

"You are so sweet." I cooed at him, leaning over to peck his cheek. His smile widened at my gesture as I relaxed into his outstretched arm behind me. As my body made contact with his warm side I inhaled his manly, dreamlike scent.

"Did you enjoy your meal?" He hushed into my ear, leaning his head against mine.

"Yes it was yummy." I giggled.

"Good..." He trailed off rubbing my shoulder aimlessly. "You Gona spend the night at my place tonight?" He continued on as he fiddled with the silverware on the table, using his free hand.

"If you're there, I'm there." I whispered. He removed his head off of mine to lock eyes with mine.

"Ela-" he started but we were interrupted by the anxious waitress returning.

"Who should I give the check too?" She stuttered out, holding the slip of paper out.

"I'll take it." Harry spoke out first.

"I got it Harry, give it here." Niall argued from the opposite side, but he was too slow. In a flash Harry had grabbed the check before anyone could get to it.

"Be right back." His soft lips pressed against my cheek before he rose from his chair.

"We will split it then." Niall followed Harry as they both pulled out their wallets, walking over to the unsuspecting clerk.

Smiling I watched them both push and joke with each other as they went to pay the bill. Once out of sight, smile still on my lips, I turned my head back to face Alexa.

"Ela." She crossed her arms and rested them on the table.

"Yes?" I playfully bantered back.

"I haven't seen a smile on you that big like..ever."

I paused, really thinking about what she was saying. I haven't felt this good in a long time. A very long time.

"Alexa. Can I ask you something. It's kinda, kinda..I don't know, odd?" I piped up.

Alexa's pov

"Course." I replied twice as fast, curious to see what she wanted to know.

I watched her swallow deeply before replying.